Windows 7 windows 7 printer problems

jim1382

:confused::confused:

I have just purchased an Acer Desktop and an HP all-in- one. The computer was pre-loaded with Windows 7. All attempts to install the printer, even by their tech support guy met with failure. The print driver does not load. However, it installs the scanner just fine. Several laptop users were able to hook up to the printer wirelessly on XP machines just fine.

Trying to force the printer install from the basic driver get me to the point where it requests the port, but there are no ports showing. HP blames the computer setup. Acer did not supply me a setup disc.

Has anyone solved a similar problem?

Drew: Thanks for responding. this HP was not win 7 ready, and I am using the drivers from the HP website, and this was doublechecked by their support guy. I should have mentioned that.

Are you installing it as a printer, or a device?

Is it wireless? You may have to create a port.

os is 64. sorry for late reply. this is home computer and i've been working a lot.

sorry, full product name HP Officejet6500 wireless. model number is E709n system windows 7 64 bit

According to HP's site these drivers were updated on November 13th, that's like 3 weeks ago so they should be the latest and greatest for your printer and Win7 64bit. Link Removed - Invalid URL this is the full feature package and be sure to read on that link page about what to do if you expierence a failed install. You should also check before installing that there isn't anything hanging around from a previous HP install, take a look in control panel->programs and features.

Ops here we go again.....

MS doesnt want to know...
HP doesnt want to know...
ACER doesnt want to know....

What is the O/S WIN7 32 or 64bit as this can make a big differance.

HMMM I think we have been here before.....

VISTA release ring any bells

Back
Top Bottom