Windows 10 ELAN Touchpad Driver

Curious

Extraordinary Member
WINDOWS 10

Windows Update installs today the update "ELAN Touchpad 15.9.5.3_X64_WHQL from ELAM Microelectronic Corp.".

After the installation i boot the computer and the look of the icon of "ELAN Pointing Device" changed.

The touchpad is enable, and before this update he stay disable because i customize in Properties saying:

"When using Mouse i want the touchpad disable".

Now, i need to call "ELAN property of touch-pad", and in "ELAN" choose "Stop Device".

The problem is that i need to make this change every time i boot the computer.

Someone can help me about this?

Thank you and best regards
Curious

Hi,
try going into Device manager and rolling back the driver.

Hi,
try going into Device manager and rolling back the driver.
This is the first procedure i made and the result was the same.
I think i have to uninstall the driver from Control Panel ant then install a version before that one.
I´m afraid to do this, thus is better to wait for a solution for the problem by Microsoft.
Thanks for your answer.

I had the same problem, tho the option has dissapeared from the mouse-settings, you can still change it in your Windows Registry.
Warning : you need to have some registry knowledge, it's important to backup your registry first to avoid causing problems with your Windows Installation.

1: Right click the start-button and select "Run" Type "Regedit.exe" and press enter.
2: Navigate to the following registry path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\OtherSetting"
3: Find the name "DisableWhenDetectUSBMouse" and change D-Word value from "0" to "1"
4: Close Regedit and Sign-out from Windows, then sign back in to load the new mouse-settings.

If it doesn't work, also navigate to this registry path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Elantech\OtherSetting" and repeat step 3.

Let me know how this works out for you :)

I had the same problem, tho the option has dissapeared from the mouse-settings, you can still change it in your Windows Registry.
Warning : you need to have some registry knowledge, it's important to backup your registry first to avoid causing problems with your Windows Installation.

1: Right click the start-button and select "Run" Type "Regedit.exe" and press enter.
2: Navigate to the following registry path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elantech\OtherSetting"
3: Find the name "DisableWhenDetectUSBMouse" and change D-Word value from "0" to "1"
4: Close Regedit and Sign-out from Windows, then sign back in to load the new mouse-settings.

If it doesn't work, also navigate to this registry path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Elantech\OtherSetting" and repeat step 3.

Let me know how this works out for you :)
Hello,
It works perfectly, thanks.
I change the two registries.
Best regards
Curious

Back
Top Bottom