Windows 7 I can't open any programs at all..

corday

and when I try, my mouse turns into that "hourglass" to wait, then it does nothing except in safe mode, which I am on now. I've heard it could be a virus? Also could system restoring work? Any help is appreciated.

If you can use system restore to restore to a time before that started happening, then that is your easiest way out of this. Otherwise, start by downloading CCleaner in safe-mode, and running it, followed by Malwarebytes antimalware. Remove any unneeded programs and perform a defrag as well.

What antivirus suite do you use?

If you can use system restore to restore to a time before that started happening, then that is your easiest way out of this. Otherwise, start by downloading CCleaner in safe-mode, and running it, followed by Malwarebytes antimalware. Remove any unneeded programs and perform a defrag as well.

What antivirus suite do you use?
I have mcafee for antivirus and I can't really buy any downloads. How do I defrag on windows 7?

Hi

You don't have to buy Malwarebytes and you will have to run install and run it in safe mode.

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Click on the Free Download button.

I use Defraggler to defrag my hard drive but you can do it in Windows as well.

In Windows Explorer right click on the drive you want to defrag select Properties, Tools Defrag.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom