Windows 7 IPV4 and IPV6 not connected

In device manager, right click on the wireless adapter and choose properties. Details tab. Change the dropdown to hardware ids. Copy/paste the results below that into a new post here. I'll be able to find the latest driver for you with that info, easily.

my wireless is saying the driver is already installed but im not seeing it in device manager, i am however seeing once again ethernet controller in other devices and the hardware ids for that is

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301&SUBSYS_00551737&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301&SUBSYS_00551737
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0301&CC_0280

That is your wireless Linksys-G PCI Adapter. Good job.

Use Internet Explorer only here to download it. It would be one of the top two shown. 64 bit one is bigger than 32 bit one. Download accordingly and install:

Microsoft Update Catalog

That is your wireless Linksys-G PCI Adapter. Good job.

Use Internet Explorer only here to download it. It would be one of the top two shown. 64 bit one is bigger than 32 bit one. Download accordingly and install:

Microsoft Update Catalog

that got the wireless connection up and running unfortunately its the same as the wired connection

wireless.PNG

what can be inferred from this? wireless is on a pci slot, wired is integrated neither is working on my desktop.

wired - not connected, no connections available
wireless - not connected, connections available

im connected to my router

Reset the router to defaults by pressing the tiny button on it, with a pen or paperclip, if it has that. Hold it in for a few seconds and/or try quickly too.

Then unplug the router and plug it back in.

Reboot pc and test.

--------

In Windows, make sure the DHCP service is enabled and running.

Type services.msc in the start menu then press enter, to see.

---------

I didn't review the thread fully, but uninstall any 3rd party firewalls if still present and needed to try.

Reset the router to defaults by pressing the tiny button on it, with a pen or paperclip, if it has that. Hold it in for a few seconds and/or try quickly too.

Then unplug the router and plug it back in.

Reboot pc and test.

--------

In Windows, make sure the DHCP service is enabled and running.

Type services.msc in the start menu then press enter, to see.

---------

I didn't review the thread fully, but uninstall any 3rd party firewalls if still present and needed to try.

no luck, a bit of new old information, sunday around noonish is when i noticed the internet off, i ran a superantispyware full scan the night before and forgot all about it, i guess someone that morning just deleted what it found and moved on, i completely forgot i had run this scan. Since the net went out ive ran scans with mbam and other programs and have come back clean, it wasnt until now that i made the connection that i had run the scan sat. night due to lack of sleep and busyness i suppose, well i checked the logs and this is what SAS found, im hoping someone sees something here and makes a connection

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Frauder[Apex]
Adware.HBHelper
Adware.Tracking Cookie
Browser Hijacker.Tubby
Browser Hijacker.Deskbar
Rogue.AntivirusSoft
Trojan.DNS-Changer
Malware.Trace
Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAlert
Trojan.Agent/Gen-Backdoor[Apex]
Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAV[Ace]

i wanna believe that getting rid of one of these is what caused this.

Wow, all that on the machine?

The only way you could ever know that the machine is clean (nobody in the world could guarantee it is clean now no matter how many scans etc...) is to clean install Windows 7 after a low level format of the hard drive. (Low level is different from normal format.)

So the only recommendation I can give with a good conscience is to do so and follow that advice. Any other type of fix or repair is likely to have issues with reliability, performance, privacy or all of the above.

BTW, the Trojan.DNS-Changer is the one that did it to ya. That's been around for quite some time and causes your issue exactly. Like I said, it can be fixed, but you don't want to do that unless following above advice.

Wow, all that on the machine?

The only way you could ever know that the machine is clean (nobody in the world could guarantee it is clean now no matter how many scans etc...) is to clean install Windows 7 after a low level format of the hard drive. (Low level is different from normal format.)

So the only recommendation I can give with a good conscience is to do so and follow that advice. Any other type of fix or repair is likely to have issues with reliability, performance, privacy or all of the above.

BTW, the Trojan.DNS-Changer is the one that did it to ya. That's been around for quite some time and causes your issue exactly. Like I said, it can be fixed, but you don't want to do that unless following above advice.

gah the thing is that i run music on this computer and when i originally installed windows 7 it took me 3 to 4 days to set it all up including a 60 gig monster that i dont have anymore, is there anyway to save that like a repair? having to reinstall it is gonna hurt

Not any way that I'm willing to recommend at all. Other folks are more than welcome to add their suggestions, of course. You have my opinion on it though. :)

As I mentioned in post #33 of this thread
I suspect that either some type of malware or maybe a third party utility of some kind has removed or corrupted some vital dynamic link libraries or Layered Service Provider chains
I agree with TorrentG, without a doubt the best all around solution is going to be a clean install, that's the only way you are going to be sure that the problem is gone completely.
The only thing that I would add, is that you can attempt to do a repair install which is documented here Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums haven't tried it and am not recommending it, just presenting it to you as a potential option.
I think your best bet is to bite the bullet, backup all your important data files, do the clean install after an end to end one(s) and zero(s) format.

Back
Top Bottom