Windows 7 No sound icon on taskbar

makwanamilan96

Honorable Member
Sound icon problem

6b733d50986223f134c622c2748a0a68.jpg

You do show the Realtek speaker icon, can you adjust volume with it?

Since the top of your graphic shows the settings are handled by the system admin, are you an admin?

I will look through the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and see if I can find anything.

(1)Yes i can adjust volume with Realtek

but i have to enter in window as shown in fig
c7134f03e7a7ca0879308f4390c8fce9.jpg

(2) yes i am Admin

(3) Do anything........

When I right click my icon, it shows a menu on which is the volume controller.

Do you have any keyboard control?

I am still looking for another solution. I suppose there may be something on your system that might not be installed correctly or not running. I do see a Windows Audio in the Services.msc panel, you might check and make sure it is running.

I first came across this problem years ago and haven't seen it for some time but I have managed to recall the solution which it may be worth you trying. Run regedit and search for each of these two strings:

IconStreams and PastIconStream

In each case delete any keys found (I recall it could find more than one occurrence). Reboot . . .

Just found a MS article along similar lines:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945011

Last edited:
i can do this but after entering My computer>Control panel>Sound

Yes i have keyboard control for volume

this icon disappered since 2-3 days.before that it was there on sys try...

You may be able to do it through the group policy editor. Go to start and type gpedit.msc, from here expand User configuration>>admin templates>>Start Menu and Taskbar. From here, find "remove volume icon" on the right and go to properties, from here, set it to disabled.

Let me know if this works.

Do you have more than one user account if so is it the same in both? This used to happen in XP and the fix was copying a certain file from an account that worked and replace that file in the account with the problem. I don't have access to my old XP PC right now to look for the solution.
Joe

Do you have more than one user account if so is it the same in both? This used to happen in XP and the fix was copying a certain file from an account that worked and replace that file in the account with the problem. I don't have access to my old XP PC right now to look for the solution.
Joe
the problem is solved.
Great thanks to you guyz.

Back