Windows 7 PROBLEM WITH MY MOUSE

when I tried to run defender I get the error that MsMpRes.dll is missing, so it will not run. I went to all of the dll download sites and that dll was not on any of the sites. I am running sfc /scannow and letting it run overnight.
This page carries a fixit for Defender although for a slightly different issue. Try running either it or following the suggestions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931849

This page carries a fixit for Defender although for a slightly different issue. Try running either it or following the suggestions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931849
I have run all of my diagnostic programs and the ones that you said to run and everything is ok, no virus, malware, rootkits nothing bad at all. I just noticed that when I right click a folder and click send to, there is no desktop to send to. all of the others are there just not the desktop, I do not know what to do now maybe shoot her pc and put it out of it's misery. there are too many things going wrong with it, maybe I will just build her a new one instead.

How old is the installation? Perhaps if you did something like a reset or even a clean install it would help. Is this the same PC with the mouse issue as well?

I'm right in saying your using windows 7 yes? If so are you using Microsoft Security Essentials?

you know what, I just realized that we have been on my gaming pc doing all of these fix's instead of my wifes pc so lets start over. I will repeat from our previous posts.
first I will do a clean install then I will go to the next step, give me about a week as I have to go to work now that I'm on call.

Ok bud. I'll await your next post.. Have a great week.... :)[

I'm on my pc right now typing this post, I can't believe this crap before I can even run the updates after installing a fresh os the mouse keeps freezing up. so I can't type from her pc, what might be going on with her pc.

I'm on my pc right now typing this post, I can't believe this crap before I can even run the updates after installing a fresh os the mouse keeps freezing up. so I can't type from her pc, what might be going on with her pc.
Hmm... Did you try a different mouse?

If it's a wireless mouse are the batteries low?

I know we kinda went over these questions already but I'm not sure that there wasn't any confusion between your machine and your wifes. In fact if the mouse on your machine works fine then try using it on your wifes machine.

Hmm... Did you try a different mouse?

If it's a wireless mouse are the batteries low?

I know we kinda went over these questions already but I'm not sure that there wasn't any confusion between your machine and your wifes. In fact if the mouse on your machine works fine then try using it on your wifes machine.
not wireless, and it has only my wife's pc that I have problems. and now it only hangs up a little bit since I was able to update her pc and now I am installing her software programs now, and then I will upgrade to windows 10 to see if that fixes the mouse problem. the problem with my pc is I just noticed that when I right click a folder and click send to, there is no desktop to send to. all of the others are there just not the desktop and my mouse settings keep reverting back to default. I always have the mouse pointer options set to fast speed, enhance pointer precision box checked. but I have to set them again every time I reboot..

Ok as we are kinda going round in circles lets just deal with your pc for the moment.. :)

Regarding your mouse issues. Can you post which make and model mouse your using please.

Back
Top Bottom