Windows 7 Serious Problem with my sisters laptop

miseryguts

All she gets when the machine is turned on is a black screen (with cursor) no boot sounds or any indication that windows 7 (x64) has loaded.
Everything was fine the previous day, no new software, drivers etc installed recently & a full system scan was also done the day prior without any issues.
I have tried several things to solve the problem for her & none have worked.. System Restore fails every time, Reinstalling Windows from the disk results in a 0x80070570 error & If I try to repair using the same disk (the disk is fine & legitimate btw) a Blue Screen Crash Stop: 0x0000003B

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as she needs a laptop for Uni & is panicking in case she may have to buy another.

Thanks.

First try the laptop with the battery removed, and on main power. If no change try a starup repair from the installation disk. Last hope, if you are able, is to go into the bios and reset it to the default, then retry the reinstallation.

First try the laptop with the battery removed, and on main power. If no change try a starup repair from the installation disk. Last hope, if you are able, is to go into the bios and reset it to the default, then retry the reinstallation.

I've already tried startup repair from the installation disk & it resulted in the error I mention in the first post.
How do I remove the battery.. there are 2 removable compartments on the base of the laptop (one is the HDD & the other mobo etc.. where would I find the battery..?) how do I go about resetting the bios to the default..?

Thanks

The battery on most laptops is a big thing attached to the back of the computer, and as wide or nearly as wide as the computer it'self.

There is usually some kind of button to release it.

Here are some pictures.

Amazon.com: Laptop Computer Batteries

You could check out this it seems to have worked for a lot of people...

EASY SOLUTION:

When you see the error "0x80070570 can't access files" on install click --> OK ---> you will be returned to the "Install Now" startup screen and - WITHOUT REBOOTING - just re-start the install.

Second time round it went smooth as clockwork and installed fine.

Mike

OK, I'm getting a little desperate now..
I've tried again with no battery & tried re-starting the OS install without rebooting.. still the same problem (tried in safe mode & have to change boot order in bios to do this) also reformatted the HDD prior to re-installing the OS but that hasn't helped either.
The only thing I haven't done is reset the bios to default.. I don't know how to do this
It's also now randomly blue screening, sometimes just after booting, sometimes just after the failed windows re-installation attempt (this always fails when it's Expanding Windows at around 25%)

EDIT:

I've also just tried installing Vista, which actually completes the installation process, reboots but then won't start Windows (safe mode or normally) with an 0xc0000001 error..?

Last edited:
Back