Windows 10 Someone sort this out please?

RUDY03

Hey guys!

I ran into a problem recently....I had this problem a couple months ago too, but then that went away with an update, but since I got the anniversary update, it started coming up again.....
image1.png

So, this box pops up time to time, or rather, every 5 minutes, unless I keep it open....
Its really bothering me....someone please help.....

Thank You,
Cheers,
RUDY'03

P.S. THis image is from Bing, But its the same, but on my WIndows 10.....

You can try to run System Restore and rollback your computer to a time prior to the last AU update coming in and being installed. This type of message usually occurs when you click on an item in Search (Cortana) or in a folder using File Explore that has been associated with a Microsoft E-mail program such as Windows Live Mail or MS Outlook *any version*. Do you use either of these E-mail programs on your computer? Were you using either of these E-mail programs to read your E-mail prior to the AU update?

If this doesn't work, then it's very likely you have a virus/malware infection.:waah: Use whatever your primary AV (Antivirus) is to scan/remove all viruses found. Additionally, if you are not using either of the E-mail clients above to read your E-mail but rather a webmail type program via a browser such as Yahoo or Gmail you'll need to check for spyware viruses as well. Download the free MALWAREBYTES from malwarebytes.org
and scan/remove all found spyware viruses.

Power off your computer 5 min. after you've done both AV and AS (Antispwyare) scans and see if the warning box comes back. If it does not, you have 1 or more viruses/malware causing that message and if gone, it's now fixed.:up:

If the problem persists, you'll need to post back for further instructions such as hardware testing and more aggressive software repairs.

Also, if that is the case you'll need to provide us with more information about your computer, such as Make/Model, is it a desktop PC or laptop? Is it an OEM computer (Acer, Asus, HP, Dell, Toshiba)? Did you build it yourself (self-built rig) or did you buy it from a shop that built the computer to your specs? If so, we need complete hardware specs: Make/Model of Motherboard, Make/Model CPU chip, Make/Model GPU card, Make/Model of RAM sticks, Make/Model/Wattage of PSU.

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

• Press [Windows key + i]
  • Click on System
  • Click on Default Apps
  • Make sure there is an application listed under Email, if not click the button and select one

@Neemobeer I have both Windows Live Mail, and Office Outlook 2007. The Windows Mail app is also there. Following Neemobeer, I have done that, and my default programs says that Outlook is already associated as the default mail app. The message still comes back every 15 minutes.

@MikeHawthorne As I already said, I have all three Mail apps Outlook, Live Mail, and the Windows 10 Mail app. Alongside all of this, I barely ever use this PC to check the mail, because I do it on my Smartphone. So basically, I don't really know what is causing this problem, because I never really try to mail anyone. Other people around the internet who had the same problem mentioned that they clicked "Mail to" or something in File Explorer when this happened. This happens only when they click "mail to". So my thoughts are such that some application is trying to use the email functionality, but is prevented from doing so....

Maybe I helped in some way?

P.S. My apologies for this late reply, I was on vacation! B)

Hey guys!
Good news: The problem's gone. I did nothing notable. NOTHING. Just playing a couple of COD games over this last weekend, and voila! The error doesn't appear anymore! (Its probably not connected to my old Call of Duty games...)

But, I fear the same problem might just occur again sometime later....like it did last time....
Oh, and no updates done either.

Hey guys, Good news here.
Just like I had mentioned earlier, this error disappeared by another random update, which was probably this {November 9, 2016—KB3200970 (OS Build 14393.448)}.
Also, this update seemed to fix another problem of mine, where, due to me messing with the RegEdit, my desktop selection had changed into that of Win XP and older ones, like the dotted selection I mean, but now it seems to have automatically changed back into the Vista and above type, which is the blue selection. I also have a thread with this problem here.

Thank You everybody.

Back
Top Bottom