Windows 7 "This computer is not running genuine Windows"

Thanks,

Actually I fell over last night after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels due to the fact that my solutions were not working:D

Appreciate the invite, I've added you to my list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,

Actually I fell over last night after drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels due to the fact that my solutions were not working:D

LOl :) I drink a bottle of vodka and so far symtoms ar enot so bad .
Hey watch the liver ! Eek ! go to solve liver probs dot com .
Massive typo issue please help !!!

Hey ! Hope you were ok after the fall =sorry me into the last part of a bottle so maybe my normal reactions are a bit untoward . Yo! Ho ! Ho! N A bottle of rum = arr ! Jim Ladd ;)

Last edited:
You guys noticed my post, right? I feel as though it drowned somewhere in between your casual conversation. :p

To the OP..

I've been following this thread but haven't intervened simply because reghakr and whoosh seemed to have things under control.. however, I feel I should at least suggest an alternative.. ;) Which is as reghakr suggested.. a clean install.. If all your trying to do is apply a key to your copy of win 7 than just reinstall (clean install) and put the key in during the installation than once the installation has finished go and activate Win 7 as you would normally do.. ;)

When you installed build 7100 did you choose 'Windows 7 Ultimate' from the list of versions to install? I know if you don't choose ultimate then the keys won't work.... ;) So make sure you choose Ultimate when you reinstall and the key should work fine.. it did for me.. :) This may change when the RC is officially released if MS releases a new series of keys.. but I've heard/read that they aren't going to do that simply to make things easier and to hopefully put less strain on their servers.... Time will tell though..

If your looking for a Beta key you can still get them here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/beta-download.aspx

I apologize if I missed the point of your original question all together..

You guys noticed my post, right? I feel as though it drowned somewhere in between your casual conversation. :p

Hey please and sorry we noticed :)
With you in mind please dont hit me = fragile :D
Good to have radenight onboard :)

Last edited:
Don't worry, we didn't forget you, but a little laughter helps reduce the stress.

I got the "unauthorized change" window again

Do you mean the same message as before..."This copy of Windows is not genuine"

To the OP..

I've been following this thread but haven't intervened simply because reghakr and whoosh seemed to have things under control.. however, I feel I should at least suggest an alternative.. ;) Which is as reghakr suggested.. a clean install.. If all your trying to do is apply a key to your copy of win 7 than just reinstall (clean install) and put the key in during the installation than once the installation has finished go and activate Win 7 as you would normally do.. ;)

When you installed build 7100 did you choose 'Windows 7 Ultimate' from the list of versions to install? I know if you don't choose ultimate then the keys won't work.... ;) So make sure you choose Ultimate when you reinstall and the key should work fine.. it did for me.. :) This may change when the RC is officially released if MS releases a new series of keys.. but I've heard/read that they aren't going to do that simply to make things easier and to hopefully put less strain on their servers.... Time will tell though..

If your looking for a Beta key you can still get them here: Windows 7 Beta Customer Preview Program

I apologize if I missed the point of your original question all together..

No, you've answered spot on. I don't recall being given any choices as to which version I wanted to install, but I suppose there's a mild chance I overlooked it. *shrugs*

I'll wait to see what guru reghakr has to say, and if that doesn't work, I'll proceed with the reinstallation of the OS, I suppose.

Thanks for the reply! ^_^

EDIT: No, I mean a screen that told me I've made an unauthorized change, and I need to reinstall Windows, or restore it to an earlier point in time. It also turned my wallpaper black.

Into the last part of a botle ! Keznews :0

what is keznews ? lot of thing mainly how to get stuff for free = hint !

Dang ! Hanging in ther with my last feeble efforts to help ! Piss*d and still working !

Last edited:
No, you're OK.

The screnshot you provided said "Windows 7 Ultimate

Have you tried to use Windows Update?

No, you're OK.

It is annoying cos if I HAD FIVE MINUTES with the young persons OS she would hav e fully working system . Very frustrating !

No, you're OK.

I'm trying to do so right now, and it seems to be working. However, they're not official Windows-related updates. NVIDIA things and such.

I'm fairly sure it's a young guy by the name of Eric:razz:

Yea, I could remote into his computer and.....AH, I can't do that anymore since the FBI came knocking on my door:eek:

If your getting updates (even if their not windows related) then that's a good sign.. ;)

Yeah, they successfully installed and everything. Because I'm mildly OCD, I'd really like to have a Windows-related update to test. But, still. :D

I'm fairly sure it's a young guy by the name of Eric:razz:

Affirmative. :rolleyes:

Yea, I could remote into his computer and.....AH, I can't do that anymore since the FBI came knocking on my door

Actually, I probably would let you VNC with me, but I'm not always comfortable about doing that. Also, was the FBI thing a joke? XD

Thanks for returning Radenight, we need your expertise!!

Yea, the FBI thing was a joke, although I worked in IT in the past with a guy who did a little too much probing on a government site and the FBI visited him.

Luckily, he was a juvy at the time.

OK, even with that error, did you try the new version of the Plus Patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for returning Radenight, we need your expertise!!

Hqy n who is Erik ? Sorry to drunk to worry have nice day Erik :D
Me done for = Drunk as a skunk :D
Never let it be said we were not aware = cos we is we know we are drunk = ennit ! You dont know cos we is wearing heavy camoflage ennit :)

OK, even with that error, did you try the new version of the Plus Patch?

I tried to install a new product key, and it said it succeeded, but didn't seem to do anything. What should I do next? I've tried the genuine activation dealie, and it still didn't work.

Look in the windows\system32 folder and see if slui.exe has been renamed to slui.exe.bak and that slui.exe does not exist.

thats's how mine looks.

I tried to install a new product key, and it said it succeeded, but didn't seem to do anything. What should I do next? I've tried the genuine activation dealie, and it still didn't work.

Ok my heart goes out to you > Going to do every thing I can as I am sure my fellow members will.
Got the bit between the teath now > this has gotta be sorted .

Back
Top Bottom