Windows 7 UAC and certain programs.

shadowmoose

So for certain programs, mostly games in my case, the UAC prompts me every time I try to run the game to tell it it's OK to run.

For example if I want to play Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun, I click my icon and bam, UAC comes up with the prompt, "Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer." Well I don't know what changes game.exe is making to my system but I'm pretty sure I wanted to play the game, same as the last 100 times I opened the program.

I'm no expert on UAC but I'd just assume this could have been fixed by a simple patch, but EA currently owns the C&C franchise and they don't care about their customers so a patch will never come out.

What I want to know is if there is someway to have UAC not open with programs I use constantly. A simple check box with a "Do not display this messege again" would have been nice. And baring turing UAC completely off I can't find a solution anywhere. Ideas?

The UAC setting is on the one below default, the "Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)

you can hit the never prompt while you game, but that may prove to be annoying changing back and forth when you surf.
There's no way to make exceptions which is a flaw, this has been a point of contention since Vista. Sorry can't help you further, if someone else is reading this we'd welcome your 2 cents

are you still there? try this ....control panel>windows firewall>allow program or feature through windows firewall....once you get the new window Allow Programs....hit change settings. Once you do that you should be able to hit Allow another program....and choose your games though that. see if it works with your current uac setting and repost with results please.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom