Windows Vista Virus? Microsoft wont open

buzzthebee

1) convinced I have virus
2) MSE shows no virus
3) cant get programs to open (even on Microsoft site accessed from Help/Support on start menu)
4) I click on links and nothing happens
5) had to go to search engine and type in windows forum to get help section open
6) i disabled my Advance System Care Pro
7) cannot get anything to open on Microsoft site once home page opens
8) help
9) thank you

If this happened recently and if System Restore is enabled and you can go back far enough, restore the computer to an earlier date using Safe Mode.

Restart the computer and start tapping the F8 key, select the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option. If you are asked to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the correct one and press Enter. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials. At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\rstrui.exe and then press Enter. Follow the prompts to restore the computer to an earlier date.

After successfully restoring the system, run your ‘anti’ programs to clean up any residual ‘nasties’ in the user folder(s). When the computer is clean, create a manual system restore point and name it, say, ‘After removing a recent infection’. This new, clean restore point can be used should you have to restore again in the near future.

1) convinced I have virus
2) MSE shows no virus
3) cant get programs to open (even on Microsoft site accessed from Help/Support on start menu)
4) I click on links and nothing happens
5) had to go to search engine and type in windows forum to get help section open
6) i disabled my Advance System Care Pro
7) cannot get anything to open on Microsoft site once home page opens
8) help
9) thank you

Hi,
try running this:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Also try running the system file checker. Find cmd prompt in start menu and right click on it. Click run as admin and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results..

Back