Windows 7 Windows 7 wont let certain programs use internet

Windows 7 sux

Windows 7 wont let certain programs like Firefox, Chrome, Aim, Hotmail, Guild Wars, use the internet. It will allow other programs like Internet Explorer and another online game get on the internet. I turned off Firewall and that wasnt the issue so im not really sure what to do. Maybe it has to do something with defualting programs or permission to use the internet? Well, i really have no clue what to do so somebody please help? :)

thats unusual , what antivirus are you using maybe it's that or another program blocking access ?

nope that wasnt it. is there a way to restore default settings for windows 7?

do you think you may have changed some settings that might be causing the problem ?

you can restore default settings for windows firewall by going to control panel / windows firewall and over on the left click "restore defaults"

what else do you have there in your installed software ??

do you think you may have changed some settings that might be causing the problem ?

you can restore default settings for windows firewall by going to control panel / windows firewall and over on the left click "restore defaults"

what else do you have there in your installed software ??

Your excellent advice it taking my customers.. haha... I'm just wasting time waiting on Bama to whoop up on LSU.

i just uninstalled CA security and restored Firewall settings to default. Still didnt solve the problem. Then I turned off Firewall completely, and still nothing. I dont have anything else installed onto this computer that I can think of that might be causing this. Bahhh, windows 7 sucks D:

how old is this install ?

It is possible you have a virus which may have reset your hosts file , restore it by visiting here :)

If you think a virus is possible then do an online scan with trend micro

personally I reckon you may have a program interfering with windows firewall so a list of what you have installed might help :cool:

i just uninstalled CA security and restored Firewall settings to default. Still didnt solve the problem. Then I turned off Firewall completely, and still nothing. I dont have anything else installed onto this computer that I can think of that might be causing this. Bahhh, windows 7 sucks D:

You did reboot after those changes? I often fix stuff and forget it isn't fixed until I reboot.. .or shut down and let it sit then turn back on.

Back