Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 031f16d3
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 7177
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

I have installed Vista now for the third time but after a week or two the problem re-appears. I use Windows Vista Ultimate (32bit) and I have installed SP1. What can I do to rectify this problem??

Re: Windows Explorer has stopped working

A third party program may be causing problems with Explorer. Look and see what programs you have running in your system tray. This could also be caused by malware. Try the following tools:

CCleaner - CCleaner - Home- Run the registry scan and repair after installing. Also try removing unused files on the system to see if this corrects the problem.

If you have System Restore try going back to a time before this problem happened, or if you suspect a program that may be causing this problem uninstall it and see if the problem continues.

You guys sound too clever for me but here goes. Purchased new HP computer with Vista and HP Photosmart 7200 series. Computer works fine, cable internet but when i install the Photosmart and try to print anything, my internet connection stops. Can only retrieve it by using restore. Seems to work ok till a fax comes and tries to print, or i try to print anything. Phoned HP Photosmart, just said to reinstall. Have done this 6 times now. Really tearing my hair out (and I havent much as I have just finished chemo) Please any ideas would be great.

Hi Elle,
welcome to the forum.
I imagine you have a installation disk for the printer? This will contain the drivers needed to make the device work although they may be a little out of date.
Downloading and installing the latest version 'may' prove to be a fix but if not at least thats one area ticked and we cam move on to find another solution.

Check here for your model and driver:
Product search results

Re: vista ultimate - explorer.exe crashing, continuous cycle :(

I would recommend to run tests on the hard drive also

Re: vista ultimate - explorer.exe crashing, continuous cycle :(

I am new to this type of forum. I read through everything, but I still am not sure how to fix the explorer problem. It started out as functionality issues with printing from explorer and now I can't open it or use explorer at all. thankful I also had Firefox downloaded. I prefer explorer, but will have to switch if I can not figure out to how to make it work.

Frustrated, dharvey

Back
Top Bottom