Windows Vista windows explorer keeps crashing

Well it appears that there was only temporary relief. The machine is back to freezing up.

I'm thinking of swapping out the HD to see if that is the problem but if anyone has any other good suggestions just let me know.

Windows Explorer Crashing

I use a HP Pavilion dv6000 Notebook, and for the past 5 days or so. My windows explorer freezes when go to save somthing in Photoshop, Microsoft word, Internet and any other program that requires to open explorer. Its also the same for opening and browsing. Although when I open my documents, my pictures etc. upfront, there is no problem. Although on occasion, My Documents freezes and also explorer freezes when opening drive c: I did a full computer scan and found nothing. I downloaded and installed Vista service pack 1 hoping it may fix the issue, but with no luck. I've got rid of any update and programs I installed at the time when the problem started. But still, none of those were causing the issue.

Heres the error for photoshop:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 7.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3caf9b42
Hang Signature: a6fa
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Hang Signature 1: f5e493fdcc255969bf1a38017cf0ae44
Additional Hang Signature 2: 856b
Additional Hang Signature 3: b5327df8670d0f9ac64b58138a183176
Additional Hang Signature 4: a6fa
Additional Hang Signature 5: f5e493fdcc255969bf1a38017cf0ae44
Additional Hang Signature 6: 856b
Additional Hang Signature 7: b5327df8670d0f9ac64b58138a183176

and heres internet explorer:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918f11
Hang Signature: 20a7
Additional Hang Signature 1: 3abc200732814932c4c6da96fe8ba174
Additional Hang Signature 2: bda4
Additional Hang Signature 3: 4c6a1c8c3dbd05b5d0087cec9964e0ca
Additional Hang Signature 4: 20a7
Additional Hang Signature 5: 3abc200732814932c4c6da96fe8ba174
Additional Hang Signature 6: bda4
Additional Hang Signature 7: 4c6a1c8c3dbd05b5d0087cec9964e0ca

and windows explorer:

roblem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Hang Signature: c698
Additional Hang Signature 1: 23179abf31cb7220e5c001702980f1eb
Additional Hang Signature 2: ef7c
Additional Hang Signature 3: ea40e5de625b83cbd6584343a5ad31c4
Additional Hang Signature 4: c698
Additional Hang Signature 5: 23179abf31cb7220e5c001702980f1eb
Additional Hang Signature 6: ef7c
Additional Hang Signature 7: ea40e5de625b83cbd6584343a5ad31c4

I have no idea whats going on, and I've tried to solve it with some other solutions ive seen in similar support posts. But so far I have had no luck. One thing I did do prior to this problem was I made a new user account as adobe photoshop wouldnt open in my old one. But I wouldn't think that creating a new user account would contribute to the problem. Hope theres some solution, and any type of help is greatly apprieciated.

Heres my computers details:

Windows Edition:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1

System:
Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6000
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz
Memory RAM: 1.00GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

Re: Windows Explorer Crashing

Hi!! Hey, I have a 6449 HP Pavilion. I haven't had crashes, but I've had problems with Explorer. I did find a Trojan and Norton removed it. It messed up my browser and I got a 403 error on my MSN Home Page. It took several scans to catch it. The recent Java 6 update 7 download is when I picked up the Trojan. The Update pertains specifically to Explorer. (I did very long detailed scans) Here is some other stuff you might try: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I did do one scan using AVG on the entire computer, but it didnt show up anything. But I'll give it a few more scans and see if anything comes up. =] I'll take a look at that other thread and see if theres anything there.

Cheers. =D

UPDATE: Hm, I tried everything on that page, still no help. I think theres somthing wrong in my documents, like a corupted file or somthing. Cause when Explorer freezes, its always trying to open My Documents. But the only problem is that I can't access My Documents, so I have no way of looking in there to find out what it might be. =/

If you have your windows disk, you could run the repair option and see if that sorts things out??

I take it this rig came with XP installed and you have upgraded it to Vista.???
HP have their own guidelines on updating a HP computer to Vista. See

Link Removed - Invalid URL
One thing I will add regarding the specs. of this machine. If it has 1GB RAM and onboard graphics then it will always struggle to run programmes like Photoshop etc.
Laptop's especially seemed to struggle with the minimum recommended requirements to run Vista.

Nah, I bought it with vista installed already on it, I tried the photoshop solution, and its still freezing in IE, PS and other apps. So it might not be anything to do with photoshop. =/ Thanks for the research though. Just hope things might work out soon.

Re: vista ultimate - explorer.exe crashing, continuous cycle :(

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I happen to have a similar problem each time I close a folder window for example. This all started after I moved my taskbar to the left of my desktop (helps to have more vertical space on a widescreen laptop). Windows Explorer "stops working" and restarts itself, and resets my previous taskbar settings.

Ideas?

With this kind of problem I'm always worried about a Virus or Trojan. First try scanning in safe mode. Turn your computer off, when it re-starts tap gently every half second or so on F8. When it brings up a list of options, use the arrows up or down. Choose safe mode and press enter. You won't be connected to the INTERNET, run your security scan. Do your icons change back and forth? Some Ultimates are currently having that problem.

Yeah... I just uninstalled AVG about 5 minutes ago, because it was causing Word some problems... I couldn't open any .doc or .docx files with it. But that fixed it. I actually also installed VistaGlazz to be able to have a different theme, cause it was just not looking good at all in black as I just put my taskbar on the left. It was the same shade of black as alot of websites I go on, and it was frustrating.

(oops I hit submit by accident)

So I'm thinking the fact that I changed a .dll might have caused the problems? or does that not make sense?

Windows Explorer Crashes

For about a month now, Windows Explorer keeps crashing when i'm extracting somethings, weather it is, KB's or MB's. does anyone have a solution to this? because it has been p*ssing me off.

Thanks,
TehFedro

i have been experiencing the same problem shows an error that says that explorer.exe has stopped working and restarts again
and not only that now some of my icons became black can some one help me or have some idea what's the problem with explorer.exe???
:(

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes

Hi!! I think you have to have special software to exact from Windows Explorer, don't you ? What's the spec's and software on your machine?

Re: Windows Explorer Crashes

For about a month now, Windows Explorer keeps crashing when i'm extracting somethings, weather it is, KB's or MB's. does anyone have a solution to this? because it has been p*ssing me off.

Thanks,
TehFedro
Hi, could you please supply more info on your set-up.

Hi! You can start by killing applications 1 by 1 careful not to kill a service that is Windows critical. Check the Device Manager for problems. Please see above posts----

Link Removed - Invalid URL This is a tool recommended by MSFN Forums to help with Ultimate Explorer Crashing. I believe this is created by Windows. I've personally have never used it. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom