Windows 7 Bluescreen - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

So where are we in terms of issues Bob? What problems do you still have if any?

Since its hard to reproduce the issues (I cannot force the computer to crash or something like I want) I have to most chance to force the computer with GTA 5 (It is the game that crashes mostly) - However as we know, this is not a good check to know if the computer in general is buggy.

I changed the PSU to a new one, but since I don't feel calm with my computer anymore, I haven't been on it very much. Tried GTA and after 1-2 hours I got a crash. It was a freeze, so this could be by the game itself. The message that I have corrupted gamefiles is a more valid response from the game, that there is something more wrong (since ghe files are okay. this issue is not typical from what I read to issues to GTA 5)

Usually freezes are heat related. It might help if you played GTA 5 for a while let's say an hour then alt-Tab out of the game and see what your average temp is for both gpu and cpu.

Did you run the live update 6 software I suggested as it will update all your drivers etc.

Well if the drivers are the latest and Windows isn't too corrupt then you could try changing graphics driver. Does an error message pop up saying the graphics driver has stopped responding or anything like that? I think i might have mentioned this before but if it's only the one game that's freezing and the rest you play run fine then chances are it's the game itself. If it's on STEAM try validating the files, make sure it's full patched and even consider reinstalling the game.

Well what I tried now also is, that I removed the old 4gb RAM Stick (even if it is the same model) so I have only 2x4GB in Dual Channel. After more than 2 hours it freezes too.
I also checked files via steam already 10 times i guess.. it never ever finds anything.

I already bought a new PSU (BeQuiet 500W Straight Power E10 - before i had an old E7 500W BeQuiet Pure Power). So what we can say now: The PSU is NOT the reason.

If it would really ONLY be the game, i would just say fuck it.. they made it bad.. but since I got the bluescreen in a very new system just while updating windows.. well.. thats a thing I guess, something is wrong here.

I also posted in a GTA 5 forum but people seem not to have this kind of issues.

Oh, I also have another GPU now to check this out too. A MSI 970 GTX Gaming and lates drivers. I don't get messages now in freezes (before I had the message: err_sys_invalidresource_5). This also means, that its not caused by the GPU.
That is kind of weird, that even with part-different hardware there is still a nearly exact same problem with this game. And it is not about just that game. Like I said.. it is the only thing where I can force my computer the most to make issues.

Bob your thread has become a tad confusing as to where we are with what issues still remain.

Is the Bios still the same?

Does the freezing happen with any other game or application?

Can we simply go through each problem one at a time.

If you have dump files which are new then post them up.

Last edited:
Sorry kemical, I guess I am just confused by my computer myself :).

Yes the BIOS is the same since I already updated it like u recommended. Under regedit it tells me that it is the BIOS v. 2.13.

No the freezes are only in GTA 5, but I just play GTA 5 and Dota 2 so I don't know if it happends to other games.

Well I also found that thread and I read some others. Also I posted in a forum about my problems. Freezes and Crashes like they wrote are things they post abouth 2 month ago. Since that time rockstar released patches and nearly noone seems to have those problems now anymore. That makes it weird.

And thanks for also searching for this!

While playing Dota and in skype a new BSOD:

This time AGAIN another reason. Do you think due the different reasons its the Motherboard?

Attachments

• 072015-4617-01.dmp
    344.1 KB · Views: 207
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41284, fffff98037b50001, 12f47, fffff780c0000000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ab3 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Bob,
Bugcheck 1A This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. After rereading your entire thread I see that your currently using 12GB RAM after removing a stick. I would also remove the other original stick and just use the 8GB of the newest RAM you purchased. See if the issues continue but if they don't you may find that it was down to both sticks being bad not just one?

You seem to be missing Intel chipset drivers. Please install using your support page as a guide:
Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Also what did you eventually do about your Hard drives? I know you swapped and changed some but what?

Last edited:
Hi,
like I said yesterday, I removed the old 4GB Ram Stick and now I do ONLY use the 2x4GB Ram (so its 8GB) I just bought around 1-2 month ago. It is the exact same model of Ram, so compatiblity should not be the problem and there are new. Or other said: I do NOT use the OLD Ram since yesterday. However runningthe machine with that didn't solve the problem as we see. Sorry if it is still confusing.

Also why do you think I do not have the latest chipset driver? I just redownloaded Msi Live Update 6 and it doesn't find drivers; just utilities. And I also remember that I was installing the chipset driver. However even your short buganalyse confuses me because I was taking a look with bluescreenviewer and it tells me the following thing.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: HdAudio.sys

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041284, 0xfffff98037b50001, 0x0000000000012f47,
0xfffff780c0000000)

*** HdAudio.sys - Address 0xfffff98037b50001 base at 0xfffff88004964000 DateStamp
0x4ce7a687

About your question with the harddrives. I was particular using a borrowed 160GB HDD from a friend. As I also got the weird crashes in GTA 5 and also once, that the explorer.exe crashed all time I thought, that problems are not just caused by the HDD. Also I checked with Western Digital Lifeguard if there are problems with the borrowed HDD, but it could not find any. In my experience problems with HDDs could always be found with that program.
So since two weeks or even more I am using my old SSD, but I quickformated it and installed Windows 7 and programs new. As we checked in the past also you could not find any problems with the SSD.

However my main question keeps: Do you think by my history of crashes (and more) and all things we already did, that this isn't normal and can be really the mainboard? I mean.. I never ever had problems like this in my computer life...

Last edited:
Taken from an earlier post:
Well I did this with all 3 harddrives (SSD as Windowsdrive, and the two others).. but there were not located any issues.

Since I tested a few things:
- harddrive tets via chkdsk, Speedfan Smarttest and Wester Digital Lifeguard
- GPU via Graphiccard Stresstest (the one u gave me)
- Prime95 for the CPU
- memtest for the Ram
- another harddrive with a clean install of a not original copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (for testings)
- a clean install of Windows 7 Pro on the SSD (since I already have enough of that)
- sfc /scannow with no errors

and there are still problems..like rockstar is telling me I have corrupted dlls of Windows, Bluescreen yesterday while Windowsupdates and I was just watching something in MPC, a few crashs, Windows never finds any problems too. Also, when I installed the clean Win7 on the SSD, then I could not install it on the SSD first. The Option to install it to the SSD was grey marked.. It just worked, when I put off the two other Harddrives. With the SSD alone, the installation worked well.

.. so now I'm asking: What can it be?
Could it be that there are really NO (!) problems inside Win7 because when I check scannow it cannot find corruption?
Can I say, that the CPU, GPU, Harddrives and Ram are really working?
Does this mean my Mainboard and/or PSU are somehow broken?

I hever never ever had a computerproblem like this in my 20 years of computer experience; at least most time I could locate the origin of the problem.. in this case I feel like I can not.. how much I try - and I am really REALLY glad you take all your time to help me! Thanks for this!

EDIT: AAAAND another stupid thing on my computer. As I just found out, my computer must made folder while the Windows Updates was made (maybe even in the time of the BSOD). The folder was made on my harddrive E: (!???) and has the name: 0b8c7e6215b9b6c012b17ea0

It is a folder with a lock, its 38,5 MB big, inside are a few folders with number-names (1025, 1028), and some other Windows Installer patch, dll's and more.

I tried to delete it, but I can't. I even tried to delete it in safemode, but I am not allowed. What the hell is this? And what it has to do on my folder E:? I don't want it!

Okay, since nothing works I could delete it with Unlocker. However. I don't think its normal to create files on another Harddrive?

Bob you've basically tested everything yet you still have an issue.

Reading through your thread we are just going round in circles.

I think the only thing we haven't tried is the driver verifier. This will test each driver and if there's an issue with one a dump file will be produced. If this doesn't work then you will have to try some basic debugging to determine if it's hardware or software thats causing the issue.
This guide will show you how to turn on the verifier. Please post the dump file.
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Hi kemical,

I did the steps written in the tutorial from Driver Verifier As I understood a corrupted driver or something should force a BSOD after restart. I did the verifier thing two times (so I did all the steps, restarted PC but I did not recognize any changes or BSODs, so I did it again).
Have I done something wrong? Like the tutorial said I did NOT chose the Microsoft Corp. Things; just the others (e.g. Logitech, NVidia, Intel..)
What to do now? What do you mean with basic debugging?

P.S: Since we are going in circles.. I give the fault to my computer. I did all the steps u recommended and some extra stuff :/ ...

Since we are going in circles.. I give the fault to my computer. I did all the steps u recommended and some extra stuff :/ ...
Bob my remark was in passing only and not meant to offend my apologies if I did so.

Please turn off the driver verifier as it seems your drivers are fine otherwise it would have blue screened.

Your problems initially started with faulty RAM yes? Now I wonder if it's the slot on the motherboard which is faulty and not the stick.

Bob can you change the slots the RAM is currently running in and see if it makes any difference.

Sometimes issues can take many pages of us talking like this to get to the root of the problem. We will find it eventually it's just gonna take time.

I'm also a little concerned about your Intel drivers and seemingly the lack of. I'm not sure if the live update 6 app installed them as they do not appear to be on the system.

Bob please run this application for me and see if it updates anything:
(right click and install as administrator.)
Intel® Driver Update Utility

Yes the problems all started witha Bluescreen caused by a faulty RAM some time ago. Okay, I will try to switch the Dual Channels.

also I installed your recommended Intel Driver Update Utility. I scanned 3 times for drivers. The programm runs a bit and then the result is a a screen with latest/older drivers for my product. But the list is empty; the latest and older drivers. I thought at least older drivers should be listed..?

Hi Bob,
Regarding the Intel driver update app. I know exactly what you mean and I'm often frustrated by this application myself. In fact after this episode and your report I don't think I'll advise people to use it.
Bob please reread posts 4 & 5 and install the Intel drivers I highlighted. I just didn't see them in the dump file for some reason and your machine will run happier with them installed.

Thank you for moving the RAM to different slots. Let's see if this produces any bsod's please post the dump file and I'll read it asap.

Back
Top Bottom