Windows 7 Bluescreen - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Hey Bob,
I meant these drivers:
HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface
Intel® Download Center

Your missing the Intel chipset inf too:
Intel® Download Center

More importantly it looks like your Intel Rapid storage driver is missing too which can help even with single drives:
Intel® Download Center

In fact Bob all these drivers were updated very recently by Intel. If your sure you have them installed already check your Remove programs section as to which version your running and if need be update.

Intel Management Engine Interface: Same Version installed like on the website

Intel chipset: This is going to be weird. I do not have this in software & programs. However I also could install the version from the link you gave me and it is still not appearing in the program & software list. Where can I find out if I have installed it? Under device manager all Intel things under systemdevices (there are 7) all have a driverdate from 2006. Expect of Management Engine (and Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SMBus Host Controller - IE22 (April 2015)

As for the chipset inf it's not in my remove programs list either but I know it's installed because I installed it. Best thing to do in this instance is to simply install it again.. :)

Yes, I did this since I thought, when it is not listed but I surely installed it, that I get a message "You've already installed Intel Chipset drivers". However I got nothing like this.

Hi Bob,
sorry was installing some new parts myself.. So how are things now generally?

Hello kemical.
I would like to inform you, that I had enough of all that stuff. I will send the motherboard to MSI due the warranty of three years.

Also I now really bought new stuff (so only case and harddrives/SSD keeps the same). But guess what? I am unlucky like .. ****. First the cpu cooler was dented. I sent it back for changing to a new. Two days ago I installed the new motherboard (also a MSI) and all the new hardware (CPU, CPU Cooler, RAM, Mainboard and the new graphiccard and PSU I already told you). Then I just recongized that the Mainboard didn't save the Casefanspeed correctly. This means: In the BIOS setup for the Casefansetup all settings were saved, but when I rebooted the computer - however going into windows or BIOS - then the Casefans where on default. Switchign to the Fansettings in BIOS showed me, that all settings I made are still in and in this setup window the fans slowly started to change to my settings I made without that I have to do something.
Well then I thought a BIOS update could help. Well LiveUpdater6 showed me errors for this. Then trying manual BIOS Update with USB Flash in BIOS Mode itself.. firstly my USB Stick could not be found by the BIOS. Then I tried another USB Flash, started the BIOS Update via BIOS settup.. while on 18% the BIOS Update stucked for 20-25 Minutes. I restarted the computer because I didn't think anythign would change. I was glad that I still could get into BIOS and Windows. Now I tried LiveUpdater6 again and - I don't know why - the BIOS Update worked. However this all already doesn't seem to be fine. But wait: there is more to suck up BOB!!
The other problem is, that sometimes when booted into Windows, that either the Mouse or the keyboard didn't work (but the LEDs of it still worked). Sometimes the Mouse worked after 15 seconds, but most of the time the keyboard OR the mouse didn'T work and I needed to replug it in. Also this could happend to the keyboard while doing stuff. For exxample today I played GTA 5 for two hours.. and once I was in a mission briefing, the keyboard didn'T work anymore until i replugged it in. BUT... I didn't have freezes in GTA 5. I played some seasons and in complete with the new system it could be 5 hours without. Also performance was much much better. No evil framedrops I get (They got worst from day to day I felt)

However.. I contacted MSI already from beginning and now even they say.. they guess it is some kind of corrupted. I should send it to my seller to get another one. This means: Tomorrow I send it back, now I am here without my computer and using my old Laptop.

I hope this much text isn't annoying for you and I have to thank you again that you are such a friendly supporter to me :and taking time for me! :)

Hi Bob,
I wondered why I'd not heard from you and I'm sorry to hear your having issues still. Usually if a bios isn't saving a setting or keeps losing it's settings then the bios battery needs changing. Another thing I would consider Bob is that when you fit the motherboard make sure it's not shorting out anywhere on the case. Please keep me informed on how you get on and if I can help in anyway just let me know. Best of luck Bob.. :)

Hi again,

U missunderstood with the savings. The motherboard itself saved settings as for example time, bootpriority and fanspeed. However the Fanspeed changes all time I went away from the Hardware-Monitor in BIOS. This is the part of the BIOS where I can change the fanspeed. For example. I set SysFan2 on 80%. I save this after leaving BIOS. Starting Windows or just BIOS and the SysFan2 runs on default 60%. But.. goign to the Hardware-Monitor again to see the settings, then you can see it is still set on 80%. The computer recongizes that in this windows and without that I do ANYTHING, the SysFan2 changes its speed from 60% to 80%. restartign the computer and all fans are running in default again (for the fans). So the battery works! Oh and by the way I even did a clear CMOS like the MSI support told me step-by-step. This didn't help... Also no pins on the motherboard are broken or something. OH and what I also remember. Speedfan and HWMonitor (the program) listed the casefans ans AUX1 and AUX2. And while I restarted the computer many times to find out what the reason for the issues is, it happends two times (!) that the board somehow keep the changes for my fancasespeed. But in changed position.. means: I set SysFan1 on 60% (default) and SysFan2 on 80%.. then in windows SysFan1 run on 80% and SysFan2 on 60%. This doesn't make any sense. Speedfan didn't allow me to change the fanspeed either (like I could in my previous Board). Also the BIOS Update problems and the USB keyboard and Mouse problems are also really weird

Yes, today I sent the MSI Z97-G43 Motherboard back to the store.

Next week I will also sent my older motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 to the store where I bought in January 2013. MSI gives 3 years of warranty for their motherboards. Since through the two montth with the bugs you tried to help me, I think it can be only the motherboard or CPU now. All the other hardware we already changed and also new windows & drivers didn't help. However I think more it is the motherboard, than the CPU. What would you say?

Edit: I just saw that Intel also gives three years of warranty! Monday I will call the shop on monday and ask what to do.

Last edited:
It's hard to say for certain but I'm inclined to agree that it was probably the motherboard. Let's hope all is well when the new board arrives.

Thank you friendly kemical. I will response here when I have the new Motherboard installed.

And with the old motherboard. when they send me a new one I cann still think about to install a new 2nd computer of if i sell the items - companding how much they are worth - So I could I get a bit money back for the new stuff i bought.

Hey Kemical,
could you maybe answer me one question I have now? I just installed the new mainboard (as you remember, the previous new mainboard got problems). I got this mainboard changed to another (same model). I did not reinstall Windows, since it was on the same mainboard and the hardware didn't change. Now while playing I got a Popup that Windows needs to get activated again. This was only possible by phone. Is this common? I am affraid that this is some sign for a not valid version or something...

Hi bob,
this is normal.
Windows will treat the new motherboard as a 'new' computer and so hence the activation prompt. You also get the same thing if you change the CPU more than twice.. :)

Okay, thanks for the really quick answer and I feel better now. I really really REALLY like you :)! You make my (serious!) neruosis calm!
Now I will try some days with the computer if there are any problems in GTA (performance seems VERY GOOD) or USB mouse/keyboard (liek the bugged Mainboard).

oh well.. the changed Mainboard has still issues. The SysFans are still not working as they should and yesterday also while in Windows my keyboard stopped working.

Bob can you post on how you have the system fans set up as well as what keyboard your currently using as these issues may not be the fault of the motherboard.

The problem with the casefans wasn't on the old mainboard. I tried it with 3 casefans and the twisted settings are definitly by the board. . the keyboard is a logitech illuminated and the problem in the last mainboard afeccts the mouse again. i try more to see if it affects the mouse again.

Both problems were also told the MSI support with the bugged previous board and they said, that this isn't normal.

If the mouse and/or the keyboard would be some kind of broken (for example cable) then I would hear a USB unplug replug sound and the light would get off and on again. But instead it just freezes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom