Windows 10 cant back uo to ex HHd

rkfjr

cant backup to external hd win 10 64bit goes to 60% then i get error ox80070002 is there a Microsoft fix it fot win10 updates I cant seem to find it or how can I fix this

What exactly are you trying to backup? Can you provide more details as to what your doing?. Error 0x80070002 is
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
2 (0x2)

The system cannot find the file specified.

trying to back up all files and make a sys image on external HD all I get is the code no more explation

Hi

If you want to make a System Image to an external hard drive I'd recommend EaseUS TODO backup.
I've use it for several years and it's never failed me.

Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free

It's free and the easiest backup program to use that I've ever had.

Just click the System Backup Icon, tell it where you want to save the image and click Proceed.

EaseUS%20Backup_zps8tg3foy4.jpg

EaseUS%20Backup%202_zpspjbl3zjv.jpg

That's all there is to it, and it works!!!

Under the tools tab it will create a bootable restore disk in either Linux or Windows PE format.

It will boot and restore an unbootable Windows install.
For me backing up or restoring takes about 20 minutes.

It's save my tail several times. LOL

Mike

I guess you are trying to backup Windows 10 64Bit, as in your first post?
Three things you should try.

1. Type vssadmin delete shadows /all from an elevated command prompt. This should clear the cached attempts.
and,
2. Right click the start button and, in run, type services.msc Scroll down and change the "Volume Shadow Copy" to automatic.
3. Do you still have the folder "win.old. on the computer? This can cause the problem, also.

Back
Top Bottom