Windows Vista Can't do anything

ejones2123

The other day I was waiting at an airport terminal and started up my laptop. It seemed to be working normally until it got to what would normally be the log in screen. Usually, it says "Please wait..." for a few seconds before letting me swipe my finger to log in. But this time it just said "Please wait..." and never got any farther, I've left it there for a significant amount of time but it never does anything.

Today, I tried again and got the same problem. I've tried running it in safe mode, and I've tried the system restore options. When I run it in safe mode I get a message saying something about the Windows explorer not working. I have no idea what I should do!

I've got Ubuntu installed on my laptop as well (needed it for a class), which is what I'm using to do things now. The problem with Ubuntu is I can't seem to access the files and programs I installed on Vista, and I really need them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The other day I was waiting at an airport terminal and started up my laptop. It seemed to be working normally until it got to what would normally be the log in screen. Usually, it says "Please wait..." for a few seconds before letting me swipe my finger to log in. But this time it just said "Please wait..." and never got any farther, I've left it there for a significant amount of time but it never does anything.

Today, I tried again and got the same problem. I've tried running it in safe mode, and I've tried the system restore options. When I run it in safe mode I get a message saying something about the Windows explorer not working. I have no idea what I should do!

I've got Ubuntu installed on my laptop as well (needed it for a class), which is what I'm using to do things now. The problem with Ubuntu is I can't seem to access the files and programs I installed on Vista, and I really need them.

The error message word for word would be nice, don't suppose we could have it? So you tried system restore options, did that include Start Up Repair?

You could try booting with the vista disk and choosing the repair function...

Yes, sounds weird with no clear picture to past activity on this notebook, like did it boot alright before the airport, what happened next, did you install smth, noticed any viruses ? Safe mode + the repair (installation) dvd are your friends.

Back