Windows 7 IPV4 and IPV6 not connected

fabrockjones

I've seen this posted but mainly dealing with wireless laptops and no solutions, heres all i can tell you. Im running windows 7 home on a desktop connected through an ethernet wire, i also have a router connecting two other computers wireless, earlier today my internet stopped working on my desktop but im still recieving and sending packets, i have utorrent running on my desktop and its still downloading at 300k, im still getting internet on my other computers through my router, my desktop is saying not connected no connections even though its still downloading at high speeds, i just cant get on the internet.

I've disabled and enabled the connection, ive ran scans for malware and spyware and viruses, nothing came up, there are no issues with the nic cards in device manager, its not the ethernet wire, i have two nic cards and neither works, can somebody please offer any advice

fabrockjones:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
First right click task bar and choose "Start Task Manager" at the top select the "Processes" tab and look for mdnsresponder.exe
If it's there, take a look at this article on how to uninstall it. What is mDNSResponder.exe / Bonjour and How Can I Uninstall or Remove It? - How-To Geek
Second take a look in IE8>tools>internet options>connections tab>lan settings button....uncheck everything there.
Third ping some stuff
The inside edge of your router
then 64.233.169.99
then google.com
flush dns command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns

no mdnsresponder.exe in my processes

unchecked everything in ie...nothing

Ping statistics for 64.233.169.99:
packets: sent = 4, received = 0, lost = 4 (100% loss)

could not find google.com

successfully flushed the dns resolver cache

restarted....still a red x through my network icon

In Internet Explorer -

Tools | Internet Options | Connection tab | Lan Settings

Uncheck all boxes then ok your way out to save. Close I.E. and test again.

If that doesn't work, set your router's primary or preferred dns to be 4.2.2.1

Save and reboot router. Reboot pc and test.

If that doesn't help, uninstall all antivirus and/or 3rd party firewalls to test.

In Internet Explorer -

Tools | Internet Options | Connection tab | Lan Settings

Uncheck all boxes then ok your way out to save. Close I.E. and test again.

If that doesn't work, set your router's primary or preferred dns to be 4.2.2.1

Save and reboot router. Reboot pc and test.

If that doesn't help, uninstall all antivirus and/or 3rd party firewalls to test.

did all this still not working, this is really frustrating. I just cant figure out how it goes offline at the drop of a dime....i havent done anything on it except get online, didnt download anything or install anything, the only reason i ran utorrent was to see if it was still downloading because i was still receiving and sending packets.

When I asked in the post above that you try pinging some stuff, my first suggestion was the inside edge of the router you are using. Can you ping that? Should be your default gateway, maybe 192.168.1.1, just a guess.
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and post the results for us to take a look at

When I asked in the post above that you try pinging some stuff, my first suggestion was the inside edge of the router you are using. Can you ping that? Should be your default gateway, maybe 192.168.1.1, just a guess.
Open a command prompt and type ipconfig /all and post the results for us to take a look at

sorry forgot to post, it was also packets: sent = 4, received = 0, lost = 4 (100% loss)

ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name.....-PC
Primary Dns Suffix....: blank
Node Type....:Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled...:No
WINS Proxy Enabled.....:No

also it seems my internet on my desktop is now completely off, dont seem to be receiving packets anymore

Show us the complete output of ipconfig /all, which included the ethernet adapter Local Area Connection settings.

Type snippingtool in the start menu if you want to make a screenshot .jpg to attach to a post.

Show us the complete output of ipconfig /all, which included the ethernet adapter Local Area Connection settings.

Type snippingtool in the start menu if you want to make a screenshot .jpg to attach to a post.

that was everything that came up when i did ipconfig /all there was nothing else except C:\windows\system32> after

Something is wrong with your network adapter then.

Copy/paste each line one at a time to an elevated command prompt. Press enter after each. Reboot when done.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

Something is wrong with your network adapter then.

Copy/paste each line one at a time to an elevated command prompt. Press enter after each. Reboot when done.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

netsh winsock reset

ok i did this and ran ipconfig \all again and its still the same info as before

Time for some system specs.
You say you have two network cards, what are they manufacturer and model number, add on cards or integrated on the motherboard. If integrated what are the motherboard specs, manufacturer and model number.
Is it possible that a driver update may have caused this issue? Open device manager, expand network adapter, select then right click each adapter and choose properties, select the driver tab at the top and see if you have the option to roll back the driver available to you.
Have you been able to run the network trouble shooter and does it provide any type of information.
Open command prompt and type ping localhost
does that return any information or error
As a last option perhaps remove / uninstall the two adapter from device manager and reboot the computer and let the found new hardware wizard do its' thing.

Time for some system specs.
You say you have two network cards, what are they manufacturer and model number, add on cards or integrated on the motherboard. If integrated what are the motherboard specs, manufacturer and model number.
Is it possible that a driver update may have caused this issue? Open device manager, expand network adapter, select then right click each adapter and choose properties, select the driver tab at the top and see if you have the option to roll back the driver available to you.
Have you been able to run the network trouble shooter and does it provide any type of information.
Open command prompt and type ping localhost
does that return any information or error
As a last option perhaps remove / uninstall the two adapter from device manager and reboot the computer and let the found new hardware wizard do its' thing.

I had an on board and one intergrated, i uninstalled the on board one and took it out. the integrated is an NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet, Motherboard is a gigabyte GA-M61P-S3GeForce 6100/nForce 430/Socket AM2

The rollback option is grayed out and troubleshoot says troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

c:\Windows\system32>ping localhost
Ping request could not find host localhost. Please check name and try again. uninstalled the NVIDIA network adapter and rebooted and it reinstalled itself but still a no go.

Also now, under other devices in device manager, Ethernet Controller is listed with a yellow triangle with a !

ok so heres where im at now, i have a dsl going into a router, the wireless from the router is working fine, my desktop is not getting internet, ive done renew release flushdns, reset winsock ipv4 and ipv6, uninstalled my nic and rebooted, and reinstalled the drivers for my mobo. When the internet first said not connected i couldnt get on the internet but i was still receiving and sending packets, now theres no sending or receiving and i have under other devices in device manager an ethernet controller with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.

at this point im open to any suggestions, i can reinstall windows but that would take 3 to 4 days with everything id have to reinstall and i dont have the time to do that, im being held hostage by this.

When you check the properties for the ethernet controller in device manager, what does it say about the yellow triangle, does it report that there is no driver installed, device cannot start, or some other message. If that is the integrated/onboard NIC, then perhaps you might try using the BIOS utility (or at least device manager) to disable it and re-install the add on card (what's the mfg. and model of the addon card) and see if that provides a different result. If you are unable to ping localhost, trying pinging the loopback address 127.0.0.1
If both fail, then I suspect that both cards have failed for some reason and you may need to look into acquiring another adapter.

When you check the properties for the ethernet controller in device manager, what does it say about the yellow triangle, does it report that there is no driver installed, device cannot start, or some other message. If that is the integrated/onboard NIC, then perhaps you might try using the BIOS utility (or at least device manager) to disable it and re-install the add on card (what's the mfg. and model of the addon card) and see if that provides a different result. If you are unable to ping localhost, trying pinging the loopback address 127.0.0.1
If both fail, then I suspect that both cards have failed for some reason and you may need to look into acquiring another adapter.

okay so ive updated all the drivers, ethernet controller is no longer listed is other devices with a yellow triangle but i dont see ethernet controller anywhere in device manager, is it the same as network adapter because the on board is listed in device drivers and ive updated that as well. When i ping 127.0.0.1 im getting 4 packets received no loss. The only other thing im seeing on the internet is it may be a lan driver is that not the same as the network adapter? and if not how do i go about finding which lan driver i should install? i know at some point in all of this my winsock was corrupt and ive fixed that also. my ipconfig /all is still coming back with no ethernet adapter

when you type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter, what do you see in the network connections explorer window?

Back