Windows 7 IPV4 and IPV6 not connected

Right click it, choose properties, make sure everything has a check mark in it, then hightlight/select Internet Protocol Version 4, and select the properties button.
Select the "Use the following IP Address" and assign the values manually. If you need help with this post the ipconfig /all from the computer you are using right now, assuming it's connected to the same devices and we'll help
Should be something like
IP address: 192.168.1.222
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1 (address of router)
Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
But what ever the IP address is, after you have assigned it, see if you can ping it. and then see if you can ping the default gateway.

Right click it, choose properties, make sure everything has a check mark in it, then hightlight/select Internet Protocol Version 4, and select the properties button.
Select the "Use the following IP Address" and assign the values manually. If you need help with this post the ipconfig /all from the computer you are using right now, assuming it's connected to the same devices and we'll help
Should be something like
IP address: 192.168.1.222
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1 (address of router)
Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4
But what ever the IP address is, after you have assigned it, see if you can ping it. and then see if you can ping the default gateway.

okay this is a bit odd but i entered the information you gave me and the computer prompted me to restart which i didnt then i ran the pings and it came back with 100% loss so i closed cmd and reentered the information and then restarted this time, when i logged back in ipv4 was set back to dhcp so again i reentered the info you gave me and didnt restart then ran the pings again and this is what came back

ping.jpg

also odd is that packets recieved has been at 0 and all of a sudden it had received packets, ipconfig /all is still coming back with no information

type ncpa.cpl into the search bar and hit enter
right click the network adapter and choose status
then click the details button near the center
snip (built in snipping tool) it and post the image with your next post

Jeez, no details there and no details with ipconfig /all
Needless to say, something is certainly wrong, I'm just not sure what.
Check the properties of IPv4 again and see if your static entries are still set as before and make sure that the DNS entries are the ones I gave you before
8.8.8.8 and
and then try this
type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter
on the network connections page select then right click your adapter and choose properties
on the local area connection properties dialog box click the Configure button near the top
on the resultant dialog box choose the advanced tab at the top
in the left box/frame labeled Property: look for something called Speed & Duplex, select it
and then use the drop down arrow under "Value" to select 100 half
OK your way back out of there, reboot your computer
Let us know if that helps at all.

Jeez, no details there and no details with ipconfig /all
Needless to say, something is certainly wrong, I'm just not sure what.
Check the properties of IPv4 again and see if your static entries are still set as before and make sure that the DNS entries are the ones I gave you before
8.8.8.8 and
and then try this
type ncpa.cpl into the search box and hit enter
on the network connections page select then right click your adapter and choose properties
on the local area connection properties dialog box click the Configure button near the top
on the resultant dialog box choose the advanced tab at the top
in the left box/frame labeled Property: look for something called Speed & Duplex, select it
and then use the drop down arrow under "Value" to select 100 half
OK your way back out of there, reboot your computer
Let us know if that helps at all.

those values just dont seem to be sticking after i reboot its always set back to dhcp, i set the speed and duplex to 100 half rebooted, still no go

I assume that running the network trouble shooter (Control Panel->View By: Small Icons->Troubleshooting->Connect to the Internet, is not providing a wealth of information so;
First rerun the two commands that TorrentG recommended in post #10 of this thread http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/48918-ipv4-ipv6-not-connected.html#post171550
reboot your computer.
If that doesn't help and if swapping out the NIC with the other add on card produces the same results (no details regarding the properties of IPv4) then I suspect that either some type of malware or maybe a third party utility of some kind has removed or corrupted some vital dynamic link libraries or Layered Service Provider chains.
If you can perform a system restore to a restore point prior to this problem that may help.
You can launch a elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and see if that finds any problem files.
I assume you have or at least will, promptly scan the computer with an updated antivirus scanner as well as run MalwareBytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 - TechSpot Downloads and Spybot Search and Destroy The home of Spybot-S&D!

I assume that running the network trouble shooter (Control Panel->View By: Small Icons->Troubleshooting->Connect to the Internet, is not providing a wealth of information so;
First rerun the two commands that TorrentG recommended in post #10 of this thread http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/48918-ipv4-ipv6-not-connected.html#post171550
reboot your computer.
If that doesn't help and if swapping out the NIC with the other add on card produces the same results (no details regarding the properties of IPv4) then I suspect that either some type of malware or maybe a third party utility of some kind has removed or corrupted some vital dynamic link libraries or Layered Service Provider chains.
If you can perform a system restore to a restore point prior to this problem that may help.
You can launch a elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and see if that finds any problem files.
I assume you have or at least will, promptly scan the computer with an updated antivirus scanner as well as run MalwareBytes
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46 - TechSpot Downloads and Spybot Search and Destroy The home of Spybot-S&D!

im reinstalling mbam, i ran a scan after this first happened and it found nothing but im gonna run another scan as well as install spybot and avg and run those scans, if it is an issue with removed or corrupted some vital dynamic link libraries or Layered Service Provider chains, how do you fix that? i'll repost with scan results and results from sfc /scannow

If I might make one suggestion, consider using Microsoft Security Essentials in place of AVG Link Removed due to 404 Error

could not run avg or microsoft security essentials because it couldnt connect to the internet to update, ran the manual update on security essentials but it wont update, mbam and spybot came back clean and heres the sfc scan
sfc.PNG

Couple of last resort possible things to try
First boot into safemode with networking by tapping the F8 key as the machine is booting up and selecting safemode with networking from the boot menu. See if that produces any thing different, probably not but worth a try.
Second do you have the option to beg, or borrow a USB wireless dongle from a relative, friend or neighbor for a brief test, just to see if it works any differently. I know you said originally that you have a wireless router so it might be worth a try.

Couple of last resort possible things to try
First boot into safemode with networking by tapping the F8 key as the machine is booting up and selecting safemode with networking from the boot menu. See if that produces any thing different, probably not but worth a try.
Second do you have the option to beg, or borrow a USB wireless dongle from a relative, friend or neighbor for a brief test, just to see if it works any differently. I know you said originally that you have a wireless router so it might be worth a try.

yeah safemode is the same story, ive been booting into that periodically with no change, im about to take the wireless card from one of the other desktops and install it on here and see what happens

well im having no luck getting the wireless card working, i just dont know whats going on with this computer, i downloaded the newest drivers for my mobo and installed those but i just found the installation cd for vista 64bit and ima try that, im grasping at straws here

In device manager, right click on the wireless adapter and choose properties. Details tab. Change the dropdown to hardware ids. Copy/paste the results below that into a new post here. I'll be able to find the latest driver for you with that info, easily.

Back