Windows 7 Sound Drivers For 7

hi
i have an old intel 845PESV chipset with AD1981B AC97 audio. my sound doesn't work ! i have tried what kalik said, but didn t work :s
i can't find a working drivers... (had search on google many times)
can you help me ? sorry for my english im french

yup only thing for you to do is forget about the onboard sound and buy a new sound card you can pick up creative audigy sound cards pretty cheap these days and they do put out descent sound

Creative has released a Beta 2.18.0011 driver for the majority of the Audigy series under Windows XP, Vista and 7. The driver fixes a device error caused by enabling audio enhancements, as well as resolving an incorrect speaker configuration being shown in Audio Control Panel.

Creative has released a Beta 2.18.0011 driver for the majority of the Audigy series under Windows XP, Vista and 7. The driver fixes a device error caused by enabling audio enhancements, as well as resolving an incorrect speaker configuration being shown in Audio Control Panel.

Here are the drivers for realtek Realtek

USE THE THIRD site. The first two sites take about an hour. The third site takes about 4 mintes.

Creative has released a Beta 1.01.0097 driver specifically designed for USB-based SoundBlaster audio cards under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. This version fixes support for Host OpenAL.

HI !! You all must be having problem that windows 7 is not detecting soundmax driver on asus board. On installing from cd that came with motherboard it says OPERATING SYSTEM NOT SUPPORTED!! :mad:
So the solution for this problem is.:D
Download this zipfile from the link RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Extract the contents.

Findsetup.exe in it. Now, right click on the setup and choose option Troubleshoot compatibilty.

It will detect issues and search programs and you will be presented with a set of options.

Choose option it ran with previous versions and also choose need special permissions.
click next . And your setup should start.
Let the driver install . restart when prompted and done enjoy music on you system.:cool:

You may for first time get a Notification No ADI codec driver found.. Just click ok everything is fine.
IMPORTANT. do not try to upgrade the driver from device manager or it will again return to No sound condition.:eek:

I tried this on my P5PE-VM Asus motherboard. At the end of installation it says "driver not found, restart your computer and try again"! Is there anything else I have to do?

Looking for a driver and software for my Diamond XS51 sound card. I'm currently using this driver:

Name CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
Manufacturer C-Media
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_13F6&DEV_0111&SUBSYS_011113F6&REV_10\4&1CF725D4&0&00F0
I/O Port 0x0000CC00-0x0000CCFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmaudio.sys (5.12.1.639, 370.83 KB (379,726 bytes), 11/11/2009 11:15 AM)

but when i installed it it disabled the audio config software, so now i have an annoying echo.

thanks in advance :)

Drew,

Thanks for the reply :)

Yes it is old, i paid $15.99 for it so i can't complain. I did find a W7 x86 beta driver that i had to install in Vista SP1 compatiblity mode, Vista SP2 and no compatibility crashed W7 with BSOD's.

Anyone else needing this driver or CMedia drivers for W7 x86 can find their beta drivers here C-Media Company Information

Last edited:
Creative has released a Beta 1.01.0098 driver specifically designed for USB-based SoundBlaster audio cards under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7.

Latest Beta drivers but still have issues

Thanks for posting the latest drivers (the .98 version) but I am still having some issues with my SB X-Fi 5.1 USB card on Win 7 64 bit OS & would love some suggestions.

Its sounds like it is not sending the correct signals to the sub & the center speaker when testing in Win 7. Essentially the center speaker is only getting a VERY faint signal & the sub sounds......a bit quiet. Very much out of balance even when I have turned the center speakers & Sub up considerably.

When I test using the Creative Console I get no sound to the center speaker - it is fed to the sub instead & the sub is very quiet indeed.

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks for getting back to me.

My system spec is:

Intel Core i7 860
8GB RAM
Win 7 64 bit
MSI P55-CD53 board
MIS GTX 275
2 x 1TB Seagate
Creative SB X-Fi Surround USB soundcard

Sound drivers Creative and others

you can find most of the Creative drivers that work for win7 and vista here and you can ever request other drivers if you can't find them there. Hope it helps you.

Loonwin7 - Thanks for the link but it does not look like it will support my hardware.

Kemical - I will in the near future update my BIOS as I am just using whatever it came out of the box with. Not sure it will effect the sound given its an external USB sound card though right? Certainly will try!

Well I've seen it be the solution to others similar woes when all else has failed so you never know..:)

Hey!
I have an external card, Tascam Fireone installed and working (allmost). I want to use this sound card for all programs, like Winamp, Windows media player, games etc etc.

Problem is that I get no sound from card except from when I use FL studio 9 and the ASIO4ALL V2. Driver seems to be properly installed.

This is the warning I get when I try to use Windows media player
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

Note that this sound card did not work with Vista 64 bit (it didnt want to install), but with Windows 7 (32-bit) it installed fine and I find it in Control panel/hardware and sound. I just dont get any sound other when using ASIO4ALL V2.

Tascam Fireone is upgraded with the latest 1.10 driver.

Thanks for help!

Greetings H.S.

@kalleklovn its what you'd expect from something that isn't designed as an everyday soundcard what you really need is something more like an X-Fi

Back