Windows 7 Unable to install certain programs in Windows 7 64 bit.

twocvsix

Hello People.

I am hugely frustrated with Windows 7 64 bit as installed on my desktop computer. I have the 32 bit version installed on my laptop, and am not experiencing these problems.

Today, I attempted to install Super Antispyware free edition. Part way through the install, I received this message:

Error 1303. The installation has insufficient privileges to access directory: C:\program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Super Antispyware. The installation cannot continue. Log on as administrator, or contact your system administrator.

Now, I am logged on as administrator. It's my computer! I've tried running the program: Take ownership, but this doesn't help. I've tried right clicking the install file and running as administrator. Still no good.

I've had similar problems with Skype, and cannot install any of the updates.

Has anyone else had any similar problems? Are there any cures that actually work.

Oh, I also have the UAC set at absolute minimum.

Thanks for reading this. Hopefully there are some answers.

Cheers, Dave.
icon9.gif

Welcome to the forums, Dave.

Folder options > View > Show hidden files and folders, then right-click on C:\program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Super Antispyware > Properties > Security > set Full Control permissions for both the Everyone group and the SYSTEM group. Also check the permissions for the parent folders because the permissions on these folders may also cause this problem.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom