Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit freezes and crashes

desihustla

This has been occurring frequently and i am very annoyed. After windows reboots i get the crash info and i check for solution. When i check for solution, i get no feedback or any solution. i need help on fixing this problem.
here is the crash info:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020410-17250-01.dmp
C:\Users\AJ\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35828-0.sysdata.xml

if you need more info to find the solution, then ask.

Hello and welcometo the Windows7forums.

Dud this occur immediately after install ?

Did you install any new software or make any other major changes to your system.?

Upload the .wer file from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER

no, i got this long time ago and i didnt install anything major. by the way, i used a program called bluescreenview to find out what exactly causes the bsod, and it seems its a driver called dxgkrnl.sys

i dont no wat to do from here on lol -.-

Was dxgkrnl.sys the driver with the latest Time String, Click on Time String and it will bring the latest date for the latest driver crash

that's related to DirectX.

Go to Start > Run and type dxdiag and look over the resulting file for any discrepancies.

Did you install an older version of DirectX ar any time?

Locate the dxgkrnl.sys file, right-click on it, choose properties, the click the Details tab and tell me the version number.

Mine is 6.1.7600.16432

The only thing I can think of is it's a faulty driver. Go to Start > Run and type cmd. Now type sfc /scannow​

"window resource protection did not find any integrity violations."
i did this scan two times and it gave me the same result.

How long a go did you install?

Could you perform a :clean: instatll after saving all your important files?

i installed windows 7 last year so its been a long time. i dont think i can do a clean install cause i dont have an external drive to save my files. is there anyway i could do a repair from the os disc?

Back