Windows 7 Windows 7 crashes on Restart/Shut Down

Elmarco

Hello Link Removed - Invalid URL
About a year ago, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Premium pre-installed from the retailer. It worked perfectly, and I had no problems. However, about 4 days ago, the hard drive failed, and I lost everything. This isn't the problem however.
I took the laptop to have a replacement hard drive installed, and all a reinstallation of Windows 7 Home Premium. I received the laptop back a couple of days ago, and I had no problems with set-up. I noticed however, that whenever I try to shut the laptop down, or restart it (to apply changes features, configure updates etc) the entire laptop will become unresponsive on the "Shutting Down..." screen. The little blue circle will stop spinning, and none of the Brightness buttons, Cap Lock etc will function, so I know the whole thing has become unresponsive.
This forces me to press and hold the power button everytime I wish to turn the laptop off, which of course is a strain on it.
I have scanned the entire thing with MalwareBytes and Microsoft Security Essentials, so I know it isn't a virus of some kind (it wouldn't be anyway, as it was acting in this way before it was even connected to the internet.)

Any fixes would be sincerely appreciated. Link Removed - Invalid URL

(I have attached the event viewer logs with this post.)

Attachments

• Elmarco Files.zip
    596.6 KB · Views: 174
I have not yet gone through all your info, but I see a problem with a Plug and Play device and error message about Bluetooth.

Do you have any Bluetooth devices? If so, you might try to disable them for testing.

If the problem were related to the reinstall, there is always a chance they messed something up, or a Windows update might have loaded some device driver that is causing problems.

I suggest you take it to the one who installed the hard disk and Windows. You do have a warranty. Both the hard disk and Windows are expected to function properly. No need for you to get grey hair. :cool:

Back