Windows 7 Windows 7 Shut Down BSOD

Tux

Hello All!
I have an issue with Windows 7 where whenever I need to reboot or shut down, it hangs for around 10 minutes, and then stops, and gives me a BSOD. Recent issues I have had are that when I am away from my laptop, it crashes randomly, and lately it has been very slow, it has also stopped/affected the animations in some way (although I am not sure whether the two incidents are related). I am using the Uniblue PowerSuite as recommended by this site, and many others, for registry and slowness problems. I have a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5895 that dual-boots Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (7600 build) and Debian (Linux), the machine uses grub as it's bootloader instead of the generic Windows Bootloader. 3.0 GB in total physical memory, with an AMD Turion 64 X2. No Firewall or Antivirus because of my occupation.
My Minidump files can be downloaded here - Link Removed - Invalid URL

I thank you all very much on your future efforts and taking you time to help me! :)

Last edited:
i am studying your dmp files but i have to sleep i will be back in the morning unless anyone else can take a look ,there are some old drivers on your system such as fwlnk.sys which is the Toshiba Firmware Linkage Driver ?

the one question i have is what possible job could you have that stops you installing an antivirus and firewall leaving your system wide open to port attack and virus infections ?

Hi. Your problem is simple:

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800a2a96c0, fffff80003fc6518, fffffa8009b86d30}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vmnetadapter.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vmnetadapter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vmnetadapter.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp
There is an error with vmnetadapter.sys:

Code:
vmnetadapter vmnetadapter.sys Mon Aug 10 08:04:53 2009
Either update or uninstall VMWare.

You also have another problem that is easy to fix. That is with ZoneAlarm. I can tell because of NETIO.sys involvement:

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 6f8, fffff80002a9a363}

Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a )

Followup: MachineOwner
Please uninstall ZoneAlarm to alleviate bsod. Or at the very least, update it and hope bsod goes away. Your call.

Your Realtek network adapter needs an update:

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

Look in the device manager for which it is, then search for its software download here:

Realtek

Last edited:
Thank you very much Torrent, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and it went away, but it still takes forever to shut down. Also, why is it so hard to find drivers for Atheros devices!? I am forced to send them an email asking for the most current drivers :p
Anyways, thanks :)

Very good. You're welcome.

Can you post a screenshot of the device manager with the network adapters section maximized?

You can type snippingtool.exe in the start menu then hit enter to get a program that takes screenshots. Use the paperclip above where you type to attach the .jpg.

Did you uninstall or update VMWare yet?

I didn't reinstall VMWare yet as I haven't had any problems with it since the BSOD.

Attachments

• DevMan.JPG
    DevMan.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 583
Here is the latest Atheros driver offered by Toshiba:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_wifi_atheros_TC00190600E.exe

I would also install this latest modem driver to update the ones you have now:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_modem_toshiba_TC00221500C.exe

The Realtek driver that Toshiba is offering is much older than what you have now, so stick with that.

The reason I asked if you uninstalled or updated VMWare is because you have previously gotten bsod because of it and you still complain of slow shutdown. Updating has excellent chance of fixing this.

You'd probably be well off installing this latest Value Added package to update a few things too:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/util_tvap_TC00215000F.exe

Last edited:
Back