Windows 7 new laptop - can't connect

ctdf

Hi,

I have a new laptop and am having real problems in getting it to connect to wireless or wired network. If I connect through a wired network I get the unavailable network problem. If I connect via wireless it doesn't accept the key despite "discovering" the networks.

If I turn off the computer, restart my router and then turn the laptop back on, it works. I have noticed since adding the laptop a desktop is now exhibiting the same problem but less frequently.

If I have a drop off in connection, then neither computer can get back on so I have to restart the router.

It is strange as when I connect via wifi on the laptop, everything is working accept that it doesn't accept the key, which is making me think it's a conflict of some kind.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Just happened again. The existing desktop pc stayed connected however the laptop died and required the router to be restarted.

This is the error I received before restarting the routing and trying to connect with the laptop in question via wireless.
wirelesserror.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Open your router's interface in a browser and try changing the channel you are currently using.
Experiment (1, 3, 6, 9, 11)
Try running the router open temporarily and see if you can reliably connect with the problem PC. Then go back and set it back to WPA or WPA2 and confirm your passphrase.
Also double check and make sure that the power saver feature on the router is not causing the issue. Not sure if you can disable it or not but it might be worth looking into.
Regards Randy

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Changing the channel done the job, thanks for your help.

Jim

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom