Windows 7 Fix for "Unidentified Network" / No Internet Access

Yes it did, good job.
Checking the latest information that I can find your DNS servers seem to be accurate for st.cable.xnet.hr but I might suggest, since 83.139.104.2 (ns2.bnet.hr) is not currently responding adjust your DNS server addressing
to include
85.139.105.2 preferred
and maybe using
8.8.8.8 alternate (google public DNS)
Not sure why your computer is not failing over to the alternate currently but apparently it isn't.
Click the start orb and type
ncpa.cpl
and hit enter
select then right click your wireless connection and choose properties
uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6
highlight (select) Internet Protocol Version 4 and click the properties button
Click the radio button that says use the following DNS server addresses:
and enter the numbers I indicated above
OK your way back out of there and reboot your computer. See if that fixes anything.
st.cable.xnet.hr DNS Servers
ns1.bnet.hr = 83.139.80.22 (not currently responding to pings)
ns2.bnet.hr = 83.139.104.2 (not currently responding to pings)
ns3.bnet.hr = 83.139.105.2 (currently responding to pings)

no luck... but thanks for the effort

can the problem be in the router? I have thompson wireless router, but I don't know how to modify settings in 192.168.0.1 nor what to modify on that mater...

this is how it looks like:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

You original post regarding your problem is as follows
Hello,

I have a very strange problem.

When ever I connect my PC to lcd tv using hdmi cable I loose my internet connection. it says no internet access. also, my router chrases (only power light lights, and D1 light blinks)

I have the same when I turn on my ps3. but the strangest thing about ps3 is that the router doesnt crash when I turn on ps3, but then I change tv program to hdmi.

I tried other hdmi ports, but nothing...

hope you can help me. thanks for the effort in advance!

Now we seem to have broadened the scope and have gone off talking about DNS issues.
I would suggest undoing the DNS settings that I suggested in my earlier post and return that to "Obtain DNS servers automatically"
And then please advise.... if you turn your computer off, and unplug the HDMI cable, and then restart your computer without the HDMI cable does your network function properly??

this is how it goes:
network is ok
i plug hdmi to my laptop and I switch the chanell to HDMI on my tv and then I lose the connection
when I unplug the HDMI from the laptop, network restarts by it self (without any reseting at all) and everything works

simmilar to that, when I turn on my PS3 everything is fine, but the second I switch the chanel to HDMI I lose the connection on router (and of course on laptop). when I unplug HDMI from PS3 (while running the console) connection comes back by it self.

:/

this is how it goes:
network is ok
i plug hdmi to my laptop and I switch the chanell to HDMI on my tv and then I lose the connection
when I unplug the HDMI from the laptop, network restarts by it self (without any reseting at all) and everything works

simmilar to that, when I turn on my PS3 everything is fine, but the second I switch the chanel to HDMI I lose the connection on router (and of course on laptop). when I unplug HDMI from PS3 (while running the console) connection comes back by it self.

:/
Given that;
I would suspect that any problems you discover during normal network troubleshooting are symptoms of and not the cause of your problems. I'll refer back to my original diagnosis and stick with the actual cause being HDMI shielding. Since an HDMI cable is transporting / transferring an enormous amount of data I suspect shielding is critical to reduce or eliminate interference and would look into acquiring a more sophisticated HDMI cable with triple or even quadruple shielding.
Just my thoughts as network devices seem to work normally when the cable is not being used.
Regards
Randy

Hi, thx Trouble / nacneanie for the suggestions of changing my wired adaptor settings to a slow half-duplex mode with a specific named local address as given, which I did. I couldn't do the same with the dwa wireless adaptor as no advanced settings are available.

I remain unable to coneect to any internet via IE or applets, unless I boot into safe Mode, which has continue to work through all the tests, trouble is I can't do what I need on my PC program and print-wise when in Safe Mode.

I did discover that the wired ethernet adaptor had been disabled at some recent point, but don't remember doing that in my troible-shooting recently, but I have also discovered a MS virtual wi-fi adaptor, which I have now purposely disabled. End result though is still the same - internet only in Safe Mode.

So, having returned to this problem a year or so on from when it first "broke", nothing has changed and I continue to use the laptop I bought after the first 2 weeks of no internet. That, inevitablty and all the other house computers coninue without this problem.

I do see that since I was doing this last, there are some new posts on the topic, so will look at these too.

Thanks everyone.

rickyQ

@rickyQ
Boot the computer in normal mode and then Please click the start orb and type
msinfo32
and hit enter
From the menu bar chose file->save
give it a name rickyQ.nfo should be fine and save it to your desktop.
On your desktop right click the file and choose send to compressed (zipped) folder.
Attach that zipped version of your System Information Utility to your next post here and we'll have a look and see if we can spot any issues.
Regards
Randy

Correction by rickyQ to the supplementary information.
The SSID's for the two w/l networks are intentionally different from each other - this means we can see which network we attach to from where in the house or garden building, but is otherwise probably unimportant. (It is the wi-fi passwords which are the same, but that cannot matter, can it.) It is however curious having explained that the PC which only works in safe mode (this PC) declares it is connected to the 120120 Network, despite the fact that the router is the 120120o2 router - it actually calls that the LAN, whilst the w/l it refers to as the 120120o2 which is relatively distant i.e. upstairs and only 2 or 3 bars of signal from here, so not that good. I am trying to snip this in to this post. All the machines do nevertheless achieve the full broadband speed to the ISP, which is about 6 - 8 MB/s over a poorish overhead phone line. Sorry, I could write for ever. 'Bye. Rick (rickyQ).

Thx Randy

Here's .nfo for PC in normal mode (no internet) and .nfo for PC in safe mode w networking (internet works ok).

I look forward to anything you see; I've also added a little commentary below, if you have time to read it.

Thanks.

rickyQ

P.S. When creating the sysinfo files the file save seems to complete but the msinfo program has to be made to close. My PC says it cannot read the files, but when I acknowledge that fact it then shows me the files, anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are laptops for each family member, two PC's and multiple devices (phones, tv, music streamer, dvd player etc) all successfully going on the internet at our home. It's just the one in my study, the only one to be directly plugged into the ADSL router which will not go on!

I expect if you look at the file/s you might point out unusual operation, e.g. multi-home (I think it's called) where the cable router upstairs is now fed its broadband by a mains wired networking adaptor pair running a feed from the ADSL router downstairs and they have different ranges of IP address and are called 120120 and 120120o2 respectively and both broadcast the same SSID. (We discontinued cable months ago.) This is to allow my wife to pick up the broadband wireless down the garden building and me in the main house wired or wireless on the now problem PC, plus me wired upstairs and everone else, i.e. the kids and their friends, wireless.

So... all that is not working is the one PC, for the past year I think, after which I first joined the Forum. Continuity of broadband being crucial, I need to be careful I can reverse anything. A lot of people here and others we help rely on our getting info off and on the internet for them.

What I spotted before and again looking now is that the PC wired NIC has no default gateway, except in safe mode, but you might see looking back that I previously addressed this normal mode problem by re-plugging-in my wireless adaptor and then tried a USB NIC. Swapping the connection to these works for about a minute before the internet connection switches from Home to public and the network from 120120 or 120120o2 to unidentified, thereby losing the internet.

It's been gone for about a year, some months before that it also went for a while and when I did a system restore then, it said it had failed to restore but the internet was mended. So, I did a restore point with it working and although I can revert to that point, it did not mend the internet.

Yesterday I brought in many Windows updates, but didn't fix the lack of internet. Do you think one of the better registry repair tools such as ASC might be worth trying, again?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Attachments

• rickyQ-safe-mode-internet-works.zip
    128.8 KB · Views: 274
  • rickyQ-normal-mode-internet-does-not-work.zip
    75.3 KB · Views: 298
  • PCS Twr Network Info in safe mode.JPG
    PCS Twr Network Info in safe mode.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Cannot view either of the two files included in your attachments. I have no idea whether it has something to do with the long file names you used or that the files are for some other reason corrupt.
You are welcome to try again.
My suggestion would be, if you want to include both then name one safe and the other normal.
I get it that it seems to work OK in safemode with networking, but not in normal mode.
Regards
Randy

Since an HDMI cable is transporting / transferring an enormous amount of data I suspect shielding is critical to reduce or eliminate interference and would look into acquiring a more sophisticated HDMI cable with triple or even quadruple shielding.
I was wondering if an HDMI cable with Ethernet capabilities was being used... I think they are version 1.4 or something... It would seem the TV would also have to be network enabled.

My mistake, I harvested the nfo files before they'd finished being saved / created.
Here they are again and I have checked that they open alright here.

Attachments

• rickyQ.zip
    1 MB · Views: 333
There certainly a difference in what is shown in the Components-Problem Devices window.. Do you know what those things are?

My mistake, I harvested the nfo files before they'd finished being saved / created.
Here they are again and I have checked that they open alright here.
Before we go too much further, in normal mode would you please click the start orb and type
services.msc
and hit enter
scroll as needed and find IP Helper
double click and set the startup type to manual
reboot the computer
See if that has any effect on you normal mode boot networking?
And I can't help but notice that in SafeMode none of your BlueTooth Component modules are loading (that's probably normal) so I'm wondering if you have a Blue Tooth Networking adapter by virtue of having installed the associated software package that may be conflicting with other network components. Just In normal mode
click the startorb and type
ncpa.cpl
and hit enter
See if there is a blue tooth adapter present, if so just right click it and choose disable from the context menu.
Reboot the computer and see if that provides any positive results.
Keep us posted

Thank you Saltgrass, this is new territory for me. I think I thought all my known devices except some incarnations of printers were working - might these be problem networked or jettisoned printers?
Otherwise I have no idea what these devices are. also, I do not recognise the format Mpksl...
So, I have done an internet search for Component Problem Devices and come up with a MS Fix it portable .exe (but I have deferred running this as it may muddy the waters).
Also a search on mpksl* yields many MS results at
Link Removed due to 404 Error
which I will return here to investigate when I get back after my working day.
Does this choice of route make any sense?

The MpKsl devices/drivers may not be related to you main problem, it just looks a little strange. The drivers seem to be related to a Microsoft Security Essentials install (maybe a beta), but not sure. I have MSE installed but do not show any such files. If you search your system, you may find them. I have not checked your "Fix-it" reference, but I will do that now and post back if I find anything.

Edit: I don't think I would run the fix-it either.

I have attached a picture of the Device Manager when "View hidden devices" are allowed to show. The non-plug and play section is probably where the devices would show up. If your MpKsl drivers do show up, you may be able to get some information, or remove them. The SPLDR device shown is what you show as a problem device in safe mode. I can only guess, but maybe it is having a problem with the MpKsl files since it is a Microsoft certified driver.
Edit:
I just started my system in Safe Mode and get the same spldr problem device, so that does not seem to be relevant.

Trouble will probably find out the real cause of your situation, when he gets enough info.

Attachments

• Spldr.GIF
    Spldr.GIF
    88 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Thank you Saltgrass / Thank you Trouble.

I too think the MPKSL files are a red-herring, I installed MSE instead of AVG to rule that out, the files used to have a utility made to remove them after MSE was uninstalled, but that is no loger available so I guess it is not thought to be necessary to provide.

I set iphelper to manual and re-booted but it did not help, then I looked for btooth devices in normal mode but din't see them.

I fiddled with various settings for my NIC (the 82566dm-2) like reverting the duplex and removing the local address and then removing all features relating to ipV6, which enabled the network to change from unidentified to Home and there was the internet - for about one minute - it's a big tease, any disabling and re-enabling of the NIC gives me about a minute of internet - enough for half an online e-mail if I am really rapid. So, I have returned all wired NIC settings to standard.

I can search for "better" drivers for the 82566dm-2 or I could dig out my old MSI uninstaller, or run a registry fixer (mmmmh!?) or the MS Fix tool or... ... ... actually, I will switch off the SPLDR so that it does not load in normal mode. Midnight looms, so back tomorrow, after that.

Looks like there is a more current driver for your Intel 82566DM-1 Gigabit Network Adapter here http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&keyword="82566dm-2"&lang=eng make sure and get the correct one for your particular architecture (which is I believe 32 bit).
I noticed you also have a D-Link DWA-140 RangeBooster N USB Adapter installed. Do you have similar problems with the connection as well?
Have you tried disabling it or simply removing it just to make sure it is in no way competing with or conflicting with the Intel adapter (not likely but anythings possible)?

And.... Sorry, but I have to ask,
Can you explain or advise as to why the Dlink seems to be on the 10.0.0.nnn subnet and the Intel seems to be on the 192.168.1.nnn subnet and neither are reporting a default gateway which of course is critical in order to be able to get off your local network onto the internet. Do you have multiple routers? Are the cascaded? Are they both acting as DHCP servers? Maybe explain your network elements in more detail.
You may have better results, at least in the short term by manually assigning static values for IPv4 at least temporarily to see if you can force the issue

OK, I now have the latest Intel network adaptor driver, thanks and will let you know.
I did previously try various adaptors, e.g. just the DWA40, just the 82566dm-2 w/o w/l, a usb NIC, but all had the same response. So, I am not sure if my idea and your help to update the Intel driver is relevant, but we'll see.

I have not actually found where bluetooth is running in normal mode, a systray icon can be made to show it is not connected, so I'd like to switch btooth right off. Have now done that in MSCONFIG and also have switched off other unused stuff (old satnav, old printer, Ggle Quicksearch).

However, the basic problem stems I am now sure from there being a problem in allocating / maintaing a default gateway for the etwork adptor in use, which seems to be a result of DHCP not working properly. Last night I saw in Event Viewer a reference to this and did not record it as I expected to find it again no sweat, but I do not have a clear understanding of the architecture of the Event Viewer to be able yet to find that reference again, esp in Safe Mode where the view is poor. There do seem to be an awful lot of errors that are captured, so I guess it's a case of sorting out what is relevent.

Here goes with the new Intel driver.

Back