Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I go back to my surgeon for x-ray's and a follow up. Hopefully it's all still good and I can use it soon.
I have to point something out to him. It doesn't appear the stitches are dissolving after 4 weeks.

I got my Newegg gift card ordered towards one of my Samsung 850 EVO 1TB ssd's. Getting one next month.
I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 and System Mechanic Standard.
Bitdefender expired on Friday and I got a deal for any Bitdefender product for $19.99, so this time I got Bitdefender Total Security 2017, so System Mechanic Standard isn't needed now.
It expires in a week or two anyway.
Had a e.r. visit Thursday for my diabetes, so I missed my other appointment. I need to reschedule it this morning and do a lot of other stuff.

Windows 10 Creators Update install went good. It took from 1PM-3PM to get the Windows Upgrade Assistant Tool to give it to me. It then took roughly a hour for the download, install and setup process to finish..
Now, I get to spend some time getting used to what's changed.

P.S. AMD put out new Crimson Relive drivers either yesterday or today. It's now on version 17.4.1.

I fell asleep early last nighr, so I wasn't sure when they were released. PC Gamer mentioned them being released, so I got them today.
Then, as soon as I could get the Creators Update with the Windows Upgrade Assistant, I got it.
So far, I've re-checked my registry tweaks, gpedit tweaks and Local Security Policy tweaks.
Then I ran Windows Update & Windows Store's Update, until no updates were found. Restarted my pc and ran disk cleanup.
Suprizingly this time around disk cleanup got rid off the Windows.old, etc. from the Creators Update upgrade.
Now, it's on to seeing what's new or changed over the next few days.

Re-ran and posted my 3DMark results after the Windows 10 Creators Update & AMD Crimson ReLive 17.4.1 drivers. Just click on my name to see them in my pc spec's.
Getting antsy. I may get one of my roommates to move my pc for me tomorrow or Saturday so I can put my Predator in.

I need to get some new pictures of Sebastian. He just turned 5 earlier today. I can't wait until I can really play with him again & walk him.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Creators Update on this pc Saturday.
I found a major bug in it.
System Image in it loses your external hard drive the image is going on, even though the drive is very much still there and still shows up in This PC & Device Manager.
Other than that I like Creators Update, so far.

I did an acronis backup offline from a bootable winpe disc. The windows backup also loses internal hdds. So I'd suggest using anything but it for important backups

Ah, that's nice.
The only part I use in Creators Update that's new is the Night Light feature.
I don't really see Game Mode being of any use, as it requires games to support it.
The only ones that are gonna work are newer games, still in the development process or newer popular games.
The rest will never see updates to support it.
As far as the game streaming AMD Crimson ReLive has been able to do that since it was released.
Nvidia can probably do it, too.
They cam add all the Edge improvements they want.
I still won't waste time on it.
Why bother, when A: It failed in Day 1 of PWN recently and 2: Opera has a VPN feature baked in to hide your browsing and searches.

I found another bug. All of a sudden GOG Galxy won't work in Windows 10 Creators Update. I'm waiting to here back from GOG's support, as I sent them all the information a while ago.

It's the 1.1.30.5 version. That's even the link their support sent me and it doesn't work. Do you have a link for 1.2 ????

Back