Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

I must admit to be pretty interested in the new chip AMD will release depending on single core performance as well as gaming performance too.
Although I won't be replacing anything if the performance is similar or the same as what's the point.. Might as well save the cash until something comes along that fills that criteria.

As far as the rgb strips instead of just red led strips. I can go that route and it would probably make more sense down the road, as I could choose any color.
As far as Ryzen and AM4 it's looking pretty good so far. Granted it's new and some bug's have to be fixed. AMD appears to be fixing them fast.
As far as gaming, that and other software depend's on their developer's coding for it.
I don't see them not, considering AMD rules the game consoles.

For games most probably won't take advantage of it until next year or late this year.
It will be more supported than Game Mode will be, I'd bet.

I'll wait till the end of May/June for Threadripper as they are the true enthusiast chips coming in a variety of flavours..(Cores)

Yeah, I have to stick with what I can afford. For me it'll have to be the R7 or R5.
That and the R9's may require a different mobo series that brings new bugs with it.

Curious to see what Intel's gonna do now that it has i9 cpu's.
Are the i7's not gonna have hyper-threading in the future?
Gues we'll have to wait and see.

Really if they were smart they'd add it to the i5's.
Either way, I just did a search on Amazon for next month and found out Amazon has gift cards, too.
Now, next month it depends on whether Amazon or Newegg has a better price on the Samsung 850 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd at.
This time around, I'm gonna get a $175.00 gift card instead of a $150.00 one to bring down what I spend out of pocket in August on it.
I'll probably go that same route with getting a racing wheel and the Ryzen cpu.

I'm gonna leave it on my pc for a few days to see if they fix it. If it doesn't work by next Monday, it goes bye-bye for good.

I'm thinking it's the game. Glance over the store reviews while it installs. All appear the same, as soon as it says Phantom Dust the window closes/crashes. That's the very first screen.

Back