Need help deciding on 2 components for new pc build

Just got home from my hospital stay.
Infection is gone. I just have to continue the medication for it for one more week.
Apparently the material inside the boot was the cause, so I'm able to use my shoe's again with a ace bandage.
I already walked up and down a hill with my tennis shoes without the walker.
Tomorrow morning Sebastian & I walk to 7-11 for the dog's donuts.
Then next week I go to my nephrologist and the following week my primary care doctor and my orthopedic surgeon.
I'm gonna take my surgeon up on getting in a few days earlier, so I don't have to rush getting Sebastian home from his veterinary appointment on the 6th.
I may try a short bike ride tomorrow, too. It won't be further than 7-11, as it's close to me.
I'm not gonna push it too much, yet, until after my next orthopedic surgeon visit.

Definitely good news for once.
It leaves one huge question for me now, though as it wasn't discussed yet.
Right now, I have to take Cephalexin 500mg. capsules for the infection.
Nothing was stated on whether it's a one time thing or a permanent thing.
Diagnosis was left leg Cellulitis.
I'll have to do some searching on it in a little bit.
The bad part of it all for now is that my leg isn't anywhere near as strong with my sneaker & ace bandage on, compared to the boot.

Futuremark released PCMark 10 today.
PCMark 10 Basic and above is available on Futuremarks website : PCMark 10 - The Complete Benchmark for the Modern Office

It's available on Steam, too, but only PCMark 41 Advanced and above is currently available, not PCMark 10 Basic, which is what I got for now.
I'll get PCMark 10 Advanced through Steam down the road, but it won't be until next year.
My scores in PCMark 10 Basic:
Overall Score: 6022
Essentials:9172
Productivity: 9972
Digital Content Creation: 6480

Futuremark released PCMark 10 today.
PCMark 10 Basic and above is available on Futuremarks website : PCMark 10 - The Complete Benchmark for the Modern Office

It's available on Steam, too, but only PCMark 41 Advanced and above is currently available, not PCMark 10 Basic, which is what I got for now.
I'll get PCMark 10 Advanced through Steam down the road, but it won't be until next year.
My scores in PCMark 10 Basic:
Overall Score: 6022
Essentials:9172
Productivity: 9972
Digital Content Creation: 6480
As always, links available from the Update section too.. :)
PCMark Update

Hey, has anyone else noticed that Windows 10 Creators Update now takes twice as long to make a system image?
Before 1703 it took 2 1/4-2 1/2 hours for a system image on my pc.
Now it takes 4 1/2- 5 hrs. in 1703.
I'm gonna be hating it once I have the 2 bigger ssd's and all my new games installed.
I use GameSave Manager's Steam Spreader to move all my older games and one's that don't really need to be on ssd 1 to ssd2.
I'm pretty sure Windows Backup's system image actually does a image of both ssd's with my setup, due to the symbolic links from C; to D:.
My personal files on my h.d.d. usually only take 5-10 minutes to backup what's new or changed for that week.

I just downloaded my July issue of Computer Power User.
It has a article in it that compares all the AMD RX 580 video cards and lists all their various benchmark scores.
My Sapphire NITRO+ RX 480 OC 8gb beats every one of them.
Here's the pdf link for the magazine. It's free just click on the download icon on the left. https://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CP____1707__/
I just got 6117 in FireStrike Extreme with my 1450MHz video speed overclock, 2150MHz memory overclock, +60Mv and custom fan curve.

Diagnosis was left leg Cellulitis.
Hi Keith,
was reading through and saw this.. Ouch! I get this om my legs from time to time and it's a real painful bastard of a thing. Is it cleared up now or are you still on the antibiotics?

Antibiotics have been gone since Sunday afternoon. It's been o.k. since then.
I already know my x-ray's will once again be o.k. this coming Thursday at my appointment.
I can say that because they were fine, yet again this Wednesday.
The x-ray's this time around have been fine, everytime they've been done.
Now, it's just basically me getting used to odd off the wall pains at various times or with various moves.
For instance on Wednesday, Sebastian banged into my right leg and it sent pain to me left leg and ankle. Even weirder was it was a real light bang into right leg, as he was used to going straight were I turned right. The tap was basically as soft as a finger snap, nothing more.
The left leg pain was enough to stop me, though for a minute or two. Then it proceeded for hour's.
The e.r. doctor did a 2nd exam and found about 6 spot's for those pains in the future.

After the last e.r. exam, it may be time to talk with my surgeon about the medical marijuana.
The e.r. doctor this time poked my ankle & leg on the front. sides and back. I actually had pain in spot's, I wasn't aware of until then.
He also stated my left calf muscle shouldn't still be hard as a rock, like it still is.
I never did my re-mess with my case Friday or today, as my house developed a a/c condenser issue and my roommates are sisiies without a/c.
Glad I'm used to camping and ruffing it and not at all fazed.
Open the windows and problem solved.
Probably mess with it tomorrow once my house is quiet.
Roommates and their friends are all noisy asses. May be pay back time for me to outnoise them for once.

I decided to do a 4th of July cleaning on my pc. All social media accounts where deleted and app's uninstalled.
I post nothing to any of them, so I don't really need them.
Facebook- bye
Twitter- Bye
Disqus - bye
Instagram- bye
My feed readers all I need.

I don't know what else Microsoft had in the recent update for I.E & Edge, but it obviously slowed down some Windows 10 stuff.
It just took a record long 13hrs. and 35 mins. for a backup & system image on my pc.
Nothing extraordinary was done by me on my pc all last week.
Normally a backup & system image is finished in 2 1/2 hrs. easily.

Add Dishonored: Destinctive Version & The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition to my current games courtesy of the Steam Summer Sale.
Spider_Man: Home Coming VR went free on Steam, too.
I can't try it, though - No VR - Maybe next year, after I hear how the new Windows 10 specific $399.** one's are.
They're both far from the top of my list, though.
Other ssd, then 3 games left on my to get list and then the Logitech Racing Wheel and Shifter add-on kit for it, all beat out anything VR for me.
The racing wheel should pay left foot dividends in the end for me.

I searched YouTube sometime last week and came across a video similar to my surgery, but it wasn't as bad. It definitely didn't look too good. It was a little gross. Video link 1: Video 2: Video 3:
I'm unsure, which was used. It may very well be portions of all 3, considering I had 2 different fractures and a fractured & dislocated ankle.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Fab game!

I got a new pc myself recently (built last week) due to my last build having either motherboard or cpu issues either of which looked terminal. So rather than replace the part i upgraded to Ryzen. System is now:

Ryzen 1700X (stock)
GA-AX370-Gaming K7
Corsair Vengence 3200 LED RAM (Samsung B die)
Corsair H115v Liquid Cooler
EVGA 980TI SC
Samsung 850 500GB
Samsung 840 250GB
Seasonic 750 EVO M12 Modular PSU
Corsair 450D Case
Fitted throughout with Corsair maglift fans.
r3.jpg r2.jpg r1.jpg

After upgrading from a 4790K I didn't think I would much of a difference. I was wrong.. ;)

ryzen.jpg

Good news kemical. How you liking it ?
I'll probably still do the Ryzen upgrade, but it's gonna be a while for me.
In January I'll most likely be going for the cpu.
I should be able to get some sort of after Christmas sale on it.
If I can swing it, I'm going for the 1700X.
If not, I'll have to either get the 1700 or 1600X.
Motherboard wise I'm rethinking my choice there. It's up in the air for now. Will definitely be a X370 mobo, no matter what.
The ram will be G-Skill FlareX DDR4 3200 no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom